Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Satnav Question

Options
  • 06-07-2009 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Apologies if this is the incorrect section for this.

Does anyone own/use a Garmin Satnav? I got one just yesterday and was surprised to find that it only seems to let look up by city/housenumber/street name. Can you not search by address??

This makes it highly impractical for a lot of Ireland where houses do not have postal codes nor house numbers. Also for example, if I want to find Knock airport, I see nowhere where I can just search for something like that, even though its marked on the map.. :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Moved from motors

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

brk3 wrote: »
    Apologies if this is the incorrect section for this.

Does anyone own/use a Garmin Satnav? I got one just yesterday and was surprised to find that it only seems to let look up by city/housenumber/street name. Can you not search by address?? This makes it highly impractical for a lot of Ireland where houses do not have postal codes nor house numbers.
    city/house number/street name is address. You can leave one or more blank if you don't know it.
    brk3 wrote: »
    Also for example, if I want to find Knock airport, I see nowhere where I can just search for something like that, even though its marked on the map.. :confused:
    Go to where to, then food, lodging..., then transit, then air transportation, then spell Knock and you have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

You should have a search by City function on it, this allows you to enter cities (obviously), towns, villages, townlands etc so you don't need to know the house number, especially as as you say they don't exist in alot of places.

So when you're looking for somewhere don't actually use the address function. I think this is what you're looking for.

Advertisement