Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about time concept

Options
  • 06-07-2009 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭

Just quick question.

I spend a lot of time with my dog and work part time hours every second week so she is only in the back garden 2 days in 2 weeks for about 9 hours as my b/f also works strange shifts.

What I am wondering though is if a dog has no concept of time(as far as I can see from looking this up on net), why are people often refused dogs from pound etc if they have a full time job and intend to look after the dog well with walks and training etc when they are off work?

Just something I'm curious about.

On another note,had my dog down the beach today and saw a lovely(if hyper) king charles walking on lead with owner and in maybe 30 seconds the owner hit the dog 3 times for pulling on the lead. The last time he done this was with the hard plastic handle from the retractable lead and the noise it made when it hit the little dog made me and another girl there let a roar at owner. :mad: :mad: :mad:

When are people going to realise that by hitting dogs they are only instilling a fear in them and not gaining any kind of trust from the dog and not teaching the dog anything. This to me is main reason so many dogs end up snapping and being put down-bad ownership...:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

suzieb wrote: »
    What I am wondering though is if a dog has no concept of time(as far as I can see from looking this up on net), why are people often refused dogs from pound etc if they have a full time job and intend to look after the dog well with walks and training etc when they are off work?

The dog may or may not have a concept of time (the jury's still out on that one) it's stomach and bladder however very much do :D

Tho other (the main) reason though would be that dogs are highly social animals. To be alone to them is stressful, it's discomfort, punishment.

To get a dog and then leave it alone for most of the day, every day is just cruel (and selfish)

Advertisement