Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost boards headings

Options
  • 06-07-2009 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place so mods feel free to move.
    Got my work PC upgraded today from Windows 2000 to Vista and following the upgrade I have lost the boards headers i.e. boards.ie, adverts.ie, Subbed, Arts etc. Anyone an idea how to get them back or what is making them disappear?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

If you click on my name does there appear a dropdown box? If not then maybe your javascript is not working, maybe it has been disabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭leche solara

Thanks Gordon for reply. I am at home now so I have no problems and can click your name and get the dropdown list. My problem is at work, and if it is that javascript is not working correctly is there any legitimate reason that I could bring it to their attention for. I'm sure the IT people wouldnt be too sympathetic if only boards wasn't working properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Javascript is needed by many sites, a lot of web 2.0 sites though, but I'd be surprised if they wanted it completely turned off. It depends on what kind of job you do with what level of security you have, it could be intentional on their part.

Suffice it to say, if it is a javascript thing that's turned off, you may be able to switch it back on easily (I don't know Vista so can't comment on that, try the Comp forum for that) or if they have shut it off intentionally: ask if they can switch it on for you. But you'll probably have to reveal the fact that it's for boards.ie if you do that.

Advertisement