Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

campervan sites

Options
  • 06-07-2009 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi, travelling to Australia in October, just wondering would anyone have any useful website links for where to buy or rent campervans??

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

http://www.drivenow.com.au/home/campervan-hire is handy for comparing the main companies. Its also worth googling your start city for local companies too, although they tend to be more expensive in my experience.

I found Apollo and Britz sometimes offer excellent special offers, they were often cheaper than backpacker/wicked and have much better vehicles.

http://www.standbyrelocations.com/ lists relocation offers for number of companies, very economical as rental is generally $1 a day and give fuel allowance but give very limited time to complete route.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

Google Travelers Autobarn - they buy back after the year of use! Personally didn't use them but have heard good things bout them!
    Damo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

cant believe nobody mentioned Wicked Campers!

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Hi irelandtooz

We had this question before last year

Take a look

HERE

Might help out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

The_B_Man wrote: »
    cant believe nobody mentioned Wicked Campers!

I personally wouldn't use them, way over priced. I helped jump start one of them in Broome, a (badly) converted people carrier, the German dude driving it was paying more than I was for 2008 professionally converted Hiace. It was 10years + old, was burning oil and cost him almost $200 more on fuel for same route as us. It wasn't the only one I passed stricken on road or struggling up a hill etc.
    It's a great business model though, graffiti a few slogans on a heap of ****e car and charge the "cool" kids same as they'd pay for real campervan, they must be coining it in...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Yeah i got the black sabbath van and it revved so high you didnt even need to use the accelerator to take off.

Pretty cool though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 irelandtooz

Thanks for all of the help!

Advertisement