Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ColorTv Returns With ARVEENE + Guests / Also Check Out Our Competition!!!

Options
  • 06-07-2009 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

3694429489_1889e10d65.jpg?v=0

July 17th @ The Cellar Peader Kearney's, Dame St

Conceived to spark a glimmer of hope into the dwindling Dublin dance scene, ColorTv @ the Cellar (Peadar Kearney's, Dame Street), triumphantly returns for a second installment of their forward-thinking electro madness.

A new venue, new music and a new direction is what these guys offer from the outset and judging by the reaction of their pilot broadcast, ColorTv’s got soul too, and plenty of it.

This month's party features Ireland's electro prodigy 'Arveene' of Clampdown and Transmit fame. This young man needs no introduction and is fast becoming renowned for his riotous sets of headbanging bleeps and breaks. Arveene’s summer schedule see’s him in demand right across Europe which includes headlining the Red Bull Music Stage at Oxegen. There’s no doubt that Arveene is on it and he is guaranteed to rock the intimate Peadar Kearney’s to its very Viking-age foundations.

Arveene has been playing in Dublin clubs and beyond since his was 16 years of age and has climbed the ladder of success with mighty gusto since. From his early club days he has went on to tour the UK twice on his own, opened for The Prodigy on many occasions, asked over as guest by Soulwax for their UK tour, regular at DURRR and other bespoke London discos.

His tracks are now rocking the dance floor everywhere with the likes of Annie Mac, Erol Alkan, Boyz Noise and others getting behind him, currently writing tracks with Phil Splitloop and Nitemoves in the UK.

Last year alone he has worked with Yo Majesty, Kitsune, Ed Banger, Calvin Harris, The Glass and Director. The infamous Rage against the Machine bootleg is now an official release on UK white label.

Arveene continues to spread love on the decks from London to Manchester and Bristol to Berlin. Several high profile international releases are imminent.

“Arveene warmed up for me in Dublin and London a couple of times, and did exactly what a great DJ should do; kept me looking over to find out what certain records were and built the room perfectly. One for the future, Arveene is on it” -Erol Alkan

3695345008_f0d8bbaf76.jpg?v=0

http://www.myspace.com/arveenej

Over the summer Arveene teams up with the likes of Misk, Mikki Dee, Johnny Moy, Dj Wool and many more, however on July 17th Arveene goes Han Solo by taking over the cellar to do what he does best……..create musical chaos among dancefloor revelers!

Support comes from Jamie Clarke (Produse), Plus ColorTv Dj’s Gary Kelly, John Snel (Live Set) & Frederick

Doors 10pm, Admission €8.
    Drink Promo’s

Email us to get on the Guestlist for free entry before 11pm, limited number so do it!

Contacts
    colortv@live.ie
    Facebook
    [URL="outbind://2-00000000DCABA5B72E2A9440AA4649BBED20EB690700258E225F3E59AD4CBF11E337E4EBE3BE00000000EE83000038D380A7EFBC774CAEE1DE838DB6C874000007AC81940000/www.myspace.com/Color_TV"]ColorTv Myspace[/URL]
    ColorTv Blog

Venue Map (Formally Rogue)
    3694552407_fae8327e1b.jpg?v=0

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭colortv

How does a completely free night out in town on July 17th sound??? Throw the immensely talented Arveene into the mix and you have yourself a serious night!!

To be in with a chance of winning 2 Free passes for Arveene on July 17th and a €50 drinks tab on the night all you have to do is answer the following question!

You can post your answers on this thread, email us at colortv@live.ie or text us at 0857203373. Simple eh!

Q. Tiga, Crystal Castles, Boys Noize and Deadmau5 all play Oxegen next weekend. Who is the odd one out?

The winner will be picked at random and announced on Monday July 13th. So get on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mr.sneak

ME! ME! I KNOW! I KNOW! I KNOW!!

It's Crystal Castles,

cos the others are Sh*t?????

haha,

i pm'd you my answer.

sneak

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Fintomiginto

Very dubious the way the only postings mr.sneak does are replies to

Color TV advertisements.

Very very interesting. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 somebuzz85

i hope your doin a comp like that for the 3rd Colortv when im back and completely broke?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mr.sneak

ye sure i know the lads!! :) , sure you'd do the same, right??

but either way im still goin to want to win me some drink, who wouldn't.
    Was at their opener and they said they have 110th st djs for august, now THAT will be a whopper!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

mr.sneak wrote: »
    ye sure i know the lads!! :) , sure you'd do the same, right??

but either way im still goin to want to win me some drink, who wouldn't.
    Was at their opener and they said they have 110th st djs for august, now THAT will be a whopper!

I think you stand a great chance of winning my friend :D

Now now people! everyone who gets it right is in the draw, just one entry obviously. Considering the amount involved we have been advised to employ an adjudicator, so we got that bloke from the lotto....!

Oh and for the record, sorry Ian, but you got it completely wrong. Did you just make that sh*t up?:confused: its not hard man...

Ctv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 somebuzz85

colortv wrote: »
    Now now people! everyone who gets it right is in the draw, just one entry obviously. Considering the amount involved we have been advised to employ an adjudicator, so we got that bloke from the lotto....!

Oh and for the record, sorry Ian, but you got it completely wrong. Did you just make that sh*t up?:confused: its not hard man...

Ctv
    so is there gonna be a comp for Sisi or bleedin WHA??!

somebuzz85 wrote: »
    so is there gonna be a comp for Sisi or bleedin WHA??!

Somebuzz you'll just have to wait and see dude, and Mr. Sneak i can confirm that Sisi 110th Street will be playing in august it'll be their first gig in Dublin in two years, so watch this space!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 spc

I'll enter the comp if im only up against one other person!

Answer - Crystal Castles

See ye there:cool:

• Advertisement

Big thanks to everyone who entered our competition.

The correct answer was Boys Noize seen as the other three are all Canadian!!

Fintan Lalor was the winner, fair play man, we'll see you Friday night!

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Fintomiginto

Nice wan, Yeeehaaaa!!!!!

Advertisement