Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone got €2k they want to throw away....see this?!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭benj

what a beauty...2 yr nct i bet :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

body good, ideal restoration job haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Well firstly it's defo not an '88. Looking at the number plate and the fact that there was a different/newer Charade from '87 onwards that was very popular little car. With its little 1.0 diesel. Can never understand why Daihatsu did not persist with that model/engine, it was so economical. Am a fan of Daihatsu, very reliable and so overlooked. Glad to see a good few of the new Sirions on the road, think they are a neat little car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Typical Irish car advert description: "needs cleaning up". :D

Do the blocks come with it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,480 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Lads, it's a joke ad, donedeal's full of them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

colm_mcm wrote: »
    ahhh no... tell me your only messing....
    I thought it was real... it was such a bargain.... all that for €2k... wow :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭benj

are you serious?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

I was trying to buy a fiesta recently for my sister, my god that ad is like some cars I saw.

Car A:
    Ad in the brokenandstolen: Perfect condition, one lady owner 61,000 miles. What the ad didn't say: No clutch, no brakes, no shocks. Bodywork destroyed interior looks like it played host to a family of pigeons. I wasted an evening going looking at it. Pure deathtrap.

Car B:
    On donedeal: I rang the seller:
    Me: How long do you have the car?
    Seller: Since yesterday, I buy and sell them.
    Me: The ad says one owner
    Seller: Yeah, it might have had two, but they were definately women. The car has that look about it
    Me: Ohhh K.
    Seller: First to see will buy
    Me: Thanks, I'll think about it.

Car C:
    Ad on donedeal: I rang the seller, seller described the car as follows: The car is in perfect condition, but you if you were looking for a car that doesn't have dents it might not be what you are looking for".
    Me: So where are the dents?
    Seller: Everywhere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

mfitzy wrote: »
    Well firstly it's defo not an '88. Looking at the number plate .

It is a Polish registered LHD as far as i can see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭Terrontress

inforfun wrote: »
    It is a Polish registered LHD as far as i can see.

Without wanting to sound extremely ignorant and unaware; would the Polish have had access to Japanese cars in the late eighties? I know the East Germans didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭brandon_flowers

AGI is an irish registration. The old man used to have a Cortina with that reg. Think its Tipp North or Tipp South.

Definitely not Polish and not LHD either.

Heap of s*** alright though, perfect for blocking a gap in a ditch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Rosedale6

The cars mine its mine im gonna out bid you lot, as i know your dieing to get your hands on it. Ill use my savings on it just to get my hands on it if i need too.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Without wanting to sound extremely ignorant and unaware; would the Polish have had access to Japanese cars in the late eighties? I know the East Germans didn't.

Wouldnt surprise me one bit.
    Shortly after the fall of the iron curtain a lot of then already old Western European cars were imported in Eastern Europe.
    First the Russians took about every single lada they could get their hands on back home. Go to a scrapyard in Holland and try to find a Lada there....
    After the Ladas were done they basically bought everything with 4 wheels on it.
    I worked during those days in the port of Rotterdam, there was not a single vessel leaving port for Eastern Europe that had not have its deck covered with cars.

Advertisement