Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foreign Beers (of the week)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

so what Beer will be on the Menu this week?
    And where do we buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭legendal

Tom10 wrote: »
    Well the control on alcohol is far more strict over there, all the state run off-licenses are closed around 6 ish (can't remember the exact time).

That was a pain alright, the one I was at had an incredibly long queue too, we were waiting about 15 minutes. That was partly down to the stock not being on the shelves, you gave in your order and they went and fetched it for you. I was only Stockholm for 48 hours, but from what I gathered I'd agree with patrickc, the Swedes are legends.

Tesco have a Kopparberg offer at the moment, four 500ml cans for €7, ordinarily they'd be just over a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tom10

legendal wrote: »
    Tesco have a Kopparberg offer at the moment, four 500ml cans for €7, ordinarily they'd be just over a tenner.

Hmm a cider in a beer thread - not sure I can allow it :pac::pac: Kidding.

Ya this should be a good place to post offers too - but if ya drink it, write a post saying whether it was good bad or the stuff ShayK1 suggests :p

CIDER ? OMFG!

:D

If nobody else is going to suggest a beer I'll go back to Lidl.

Staropramen (spelling open to correction) is something like €1.39 a bottle. Its a Czech beer (from Prague I think) which I sampled over the weekend. Its very nice but not the same value for money as the Perlenbacher.

Try it and see what you think....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

is the staroprmanen down to 1.39 a bottle? thats deadly, it's normally 2 euro a bottle, has to be one of my favourite beers.

I was drinking Carlsberg Export this weekend and as it was on offer in Tesco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I tried some Old Speckled Hen at the weekend in the UK, i dont know if it can be bought here but it wasn't too bad tbh. I'd give it 6/10.

Got some Samuel Adams Boston Lager in O'Briens today, 1.99, 4.8% in a 355ml bottle. I could see myself drinking this on a regular basis, it has a really nice taste to it.
    I'll give it 3.5/5. 1 point off for the price, 2 quid a bottle is a bit much for a small brand beer and half a point because its a small bit gassy.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭e-Mo0?

Staroprmanen is amazing. Never liked beer much and went to Prague tasted it and have been drinkin it since. bit stonger here but still lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

750 ml bottles of Hoegaarden in Lidl for €2.99. Until Saturday 31st July.

I'm biased this is my favourite white beer. From Belgium in is infused with orange peel and coriander and I would live on the stuff if it wasn't for the fact that I would be drunk all the time as I'm such a lightweight with alcohol.

leincar wrote: »
    1 litre bottles of Hoegaarden in Lidl for €2.99. Until Saturday 31st July.

I'm biased this is my favourite white beer. From Belgium in is infused with orange peel and coriander and I would live on the stuff if it wasn't for the fact that I would be drunk all the time as I'm such a lightweight with alcohol.

I like the name Hoe.....garden...geddit....tumbleweed

• Advertisement

leincar wrote: »
    750 ml bottles of Hoegaarden in Lidl for €2.99. Until Saturday 31st July.

I'm actually drinking one right now. It's fúckin' MASSIVE!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

(subscribed)

great thread :D

not the biggest fan of it myself i must say, but beggars cant be choosers:pac:

Tsyskie(if thats how you spell it) was reviewed on the Moncreiff Show on Newstalk last week and they said it was the best cheap beer going.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

Arrgh.. Beer. its a long story but I have to stay off it for a while...might rejoin this thread some day:(

tombull82 wrote: »
    Arrgh.. Beer. its a long story but I have to stay off it for a while...might rejoin this thread some day:(

Quitting on us eh tut tut tut :P

Will post up another beer here after I take trips to shops and stuff tonight haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

Tom10 wrote: »
    Quitting on us eh tut tut tut :P

If only it was as simple as that..:D Ha .. No its just tabs I'm taking at the moment and drink seems to kill me while on them. even only the one pint can cause a 2 day long HO

tombull82 wrote: »
    If only it was as simple as that..:D Ha .. No its just tabs I'm taking at the moment and drink seems to kill me while on them. even only the one pint can cause a 2 day long HO

Haha oh right, ya i'd imagine taking drink while being on extasy would mess you up hangover wise :P

I kid of course.

Tried another new beer there last night - Brahma, its in tesco for €4 for 4 330ml bottles (the bottles are shaped so they fit in the had nicely it has to be said haha).

I drank the 4 bottles and I honestly couldn't say if I liked it or not. I mean it just didn't have a very distinct taste. So I'm giving it 5 outta 10.

Best way to describe it really is kinda like Corona but not as strong in taste. Would be very easy to drink 10 of them before ya noticed you were drunk because they go down really easy and at 4.9% are strong enough.

So try em and let us know if ya agree or not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

Its not the best to be honest. Still its beer. Brazil produce great footballers and beautiful women, just not beer.

Blast from the past 500ml bottles of Furstenberg in Tesco for €1.99.

• Advertisement

staropramen, Umm is 9.99 for 12 330ml bottles in Tesco

Advertisement