Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballincollig fastfood

Options
  • 06-07-2009 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

Why is there no Macdonalds / BurgerKing / even a Supermacs in Ballincollig?!

Also badly lacking a decent Indian restaurant / takeaway.

And when it comes to chippers it's only Dino's or the Fry (Dino's take forever and don't do Suppers anymore and I dont know about the Fry...)

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

There's some nice pizza though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

Ahhh the fry, childhood memories of battered sausages on a Friday night!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭goldenshower

I have it on good authority that maccy d's will be here within a year. Also opening up in wilton and carrigaline. Apparently there are two franchisees in cork for the rest of them and they already have the details sorted out about who is getting where:cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

kcb wrote: »
    Why is there no Macdonalds / BurgerKing / even a Supermacs in Ballincollig?!

Im glad there not out here,they'd put the fry out of business and we would'nt want that now would we :pac:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

I have it on good authority that maccy d's will be here within a year. Also opening up in wilton and carrigaline. Apparently there are two franchisees in cork for the rest of them and they already have the details sorted out about who is getting where:cool:

Good stuff!

They are handy now n again like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 corklanger

VERY good indian restaurant not too far away in tower,the raj...............nicest indian in cork,they do takeaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭reic

I'm a pizza hut fan myself. What's the Tandoori in the Angler's Rest like?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 corklanger

anglers rest indian is nice but you might as well go 5min up the road to the raj.......WAY nicer

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭IMC042

Drumstix on main street have some nice food. Order a quarter pounder with cheese and bacon.. OMG Heaven!:D. There chips are nice too and they dont drip fat when you squeeze them like disgusting McDonalds food does. Heart disease and obesity food.. yuck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Had a pizza in that place "Heaven" (complex behind the Applegreen petrol station near Classis Lake). I thought it was quite nice.

Ate in Dinos a few years ago, if you want to experience it just eat a block of lard, it will probably taste as good...no better.

Not out that way much anymore.

• Advertisement

yeah i completely agree. What Dino's serve should not be called food. If pizza is your thing go to Domino's and get a Texas BBQ. Delicious but i don't think they have a domino's in ballingcollig so this may be off the point. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

IMC042 wrote: »
    yeah i completely agree. What Dino's serve should not be called food. If pizza is your thing go to Domino's and get a Texas BBQ. Delicious but i don't think they have a domino's in ballincollig so this may be off the point. :D

Texas BBQ with Thin base though, not thin crust. Yea it's nice. But that "Heaven" place is probably nicer in my opinion.

No Dominos in Ballincollig though.

Oh, just remembered was in Caseys pub in ballingcollig last week. Its next to supervalu! Got roast lamb with vegetables and mash potato for a tenner. Nicest carvery dinner I've ever had anywhere! Was waiting for about 25 minutes for it though.

PS: I think i have an eating disorder!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

What about that place accross from Bank of Ireland.Is that not an Indian?? Then there is that Thai place which is pretty good. Sorry I'm useless with names

d3mon24 wrote: »
    What about that place accross from Bank of Ireland.Is that not an Indian??

There is a place called Kebabesh which is a Indian / Fastfood. Not great though.

Drumstix is alright but very pricey for junk food.

There are loads of Chinese restaurants. Tastee probably the best of them.

But still, back to my original point, no BK or McD!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

corklanger wrote: »
    VERY good indian restaurant not too far away in tower,the raj...............nicest indian in cork,they do takeaway.
    its in kerry pike .............fkn delish:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

there have been so many rumours in the last few years that there would be a drive through Maccy Ds were the esb is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 jk47

Had a pizza in that place "Heaven" (complex behind the Applegreen petrol station near Classis Lake). I thought it was quite nice.

I eat in that place quite regularly. Food is good but it's annoying eating there. You have to go through the whole fancy restaurant deal for just a pizza and a beer. The place should be far more casual. If they had sit down, no waitresses etc, just like any proper pizzeria, it would be much more relaxed and comfortable.

Even the staff wear gay neck warmer things now and all. So while the pizza is good, I would recommend take out unless you have the trousers pressed :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

jk47 wrote: »
    I eat in that place quite regularly. Food is good but it's annoying eating there. You have to go through the whole fancy restaurant deal for just a pizza and a beer. The place should be far more casual. If they had sit down, no waitresses etc, just like any proper pizzeria, it would be much more relaxed and comfortable.

Even the staff wear gay neck warmer things now and all. So while the pizza is good, I would recommend take out unless you have the trousers pressed :p

Lol. I agree with you man, eat there often. It can be a tad formal, but saying that, the pizza there is good.

And they are so so cheap for the quality of the food. Me and the lads went there the other night (and we're all in our 20s and would prefer casual places) and got food for four for less than 50 squids.

Their dine in special is only 25 bucks for example, and for that you get a big ass pizza with whatever you want on it, a lash of wedges and wings, and a garlic bread. On top of all that you both get a drink and dessert as well. That's a lot of grub for 25 euro.

And while I'm not sure on this, I think they do free refills. They refilled my glass anyway, and didn't charge.

So ya, can be a bit formal in appearance, but it's well worth keeping the trousers pressed for value like that. And it's not THAT formal to be fair. They're happy enough to let people just grab a pizza and a few beers without the formal malarky.

And besides, they could drive over their pizzas a couple of times before serving and it would still beat 4 Star :P:P

Their dine in special is only 25 bucks for example, and for that you get a big ass pizza with whatever you want on it, a lash of wedges and wings, and a garlic bread. On top of all that you both get a drink and dessert as well. That's a lot of grub for 25 euro.

The desert with this deal is tiny. Its a bit rich calling it a 'slice' of tiramasu each. Its more a sliver of tiramasu each.
    And it's not THAT formal to be fair.

Not THAT formal? I ordered a pizza the other night and the driver showed up in a full chef outfit. He had a hat, apron and gay neck warmer thing. If even their drivers are like that that shows how formal the place is. It was awkward.
    And besides, they could drive over their pizzas a couple of times before serving and it would still beat 4 Star :P:P

I agree with you here that the pizza is nicer than four star. It's a pity you cant eat in there without feeling under dressed and uncomfortable. I wud go there a lot more then, and I know my friends would too. I still have to go in there now and then because my housemate has the hots for one of the staff, but always pays when we do this so at least i get something out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

you know that is weird! i lived there for a few months and noticed they have 6 supermarkets and no mac donalds :D....but there are a lot a food places, the chinese by four star was nice! cant remember the name....other than that dinos restaurant by the shopping centre was nice too! last time i got a burger from the dinos by the cinema it was actually cold!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭cork1

drumstix is gorgous!! not a fan of the fry at all tough.

Just to reiterate my point on Heaven Pizza - I was in there recently and they were playing this god awful fancy tenor music. At the same time you've groups of lads in the corner as you would in 4star. Is this place fancy or not? It needs to make its bloody mind up.

Annoying american lady isn't there anymore thankfully, though my friend has moved us away from going on Monday nights, which was always a good start to the week, because the guy she fancies has changed nights by the looks of things. Nearly a year and the poor girl hasn't clicked that he's yet to even notice her. If she doesn't have his number by May 1st I win 50 , not bad at all when you consider all the munch i've gotten out of it. Pain in the ass but what can ya when she's paying!

Has anybody else eaten here? they offer a 12in pizza with two toppings for 7.95. you won't beat that anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

jaysus, the Fry ('what's for yourself') is LEGEND in the Collig...............nothing like a batter burger or a snack box after a fill (course that was YEARS ago, but I had a relation in the states that we emailed everytime we got curried chips..........poor bastard would be on gmail chat drooling down the pc!!)

Tuesday is a good evening to go to Heaven Pizza. Any pizza you want for a tenner.

They do a tasty pizza in fairness.

Still no Indian take-away in Ballincollig..... :confused::D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

corklanger wrote: »

Nicer than the Spice of india in bishopstown?

Nicer than the Spice of india in bishopstown?

No comparison.

I wouldn't rate The Spice Of India at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭johnnyjb

The Raj is expensive though ,even take away

Its nearly 20 quid for Chicken Tikka Massala in the restaurant and thats without rice, chips, drink rtc.. or tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

kcb wrote: »
    No comparison.

I wouldn't rate The Spice Of India at all.

Spice of india does excellent food IMO. So this Raj place must be unreal if its so much better. I hate the SOI set up, its very small & cramped.
    johnnyjb wrote: »
    The Raj is expensive though ,even take away

Its nearly 20 quid for Chicken Tikka Massala in the restaurant and thats without rice, chips, drink rtc.. or tip.

Thats very expensive. In the SOI its 14/15 euro for a tikka or balti.

Anyone tried the Radhuni in douglas? I went there a few times but found the food only mediocre. Nice place to sit though.

• Advertisement

Anyone tried the new Indian in Ballincollig ?

Advertisement