Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballincollig fastfood

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

Where in Ballincollig?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Chapel Lane, so I hear... I think that's the street where Lee Travel is..

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭reic

Bollywood Express. Had a chicken biryani takeaway on Friday night. Wasn't spectacular, wasn't bad. I'll visit again.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

There will be a drive through McDonalds coming soon near the Aldi in Eastgate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Tried Bollywood Express also; not bad at all. Clearly not as good as the likes of Raj but the prices are far more appetising! 10-12 euro for curry including rice.

Very nice staff.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Good to hear that McDs is finally coming to Ballincollig - the west of the city has been lacking in a major fast food joint. McDonalds will thrive in Ballincollig.

Still, Cork could really do with another Burger King - preferably a drive thru in the suburbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Good to hear that McDs is finally coming to Ballincollig - the west of the city has been lacking in a major fast food joint. McDonalds will thrive in Ballincollig.

Still, Cork could really do with another Burger King - preferably a drive thru in the suburbs.

I don't think I'd be celebrating another McDonalds or Burger King coming to town. We don't want this country to go the way of the US, if you've been there recently the place is full of generic drive thrus & obese people. It would be far nicer if a non-franchise place opened up that served nice, quality food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Ah come on. Ballincollig lacking fast food? There must be 10 fast food places in that town alone. There are several pizza places, multiple chineses/thai/indian take-aways, a subway, plenty of chippers. And the supermarkets and petrol stations all do chips/wedges/sausage rolls.

What it's lacking is actual food places to eat non-fast food.

I've no doubt it will thrive though, you're right there. No shortage of belly's for it to go into.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Nothing wrong with fast food if it is eaten sparingly and on occasion - not every single day. If people didn't want to eat fast food then McDonalds, Burger King or the others wouldn't do any business.

I'm a little tired of this lazy targeting of fast food chains - it smacks of elitism and food snobbery. McDonalds in any case has been evolving its menu in recent years to include healthier products.

People should have choice in terms of their food - and that includes the option to enjoy fast food from time to time. If you don't like fast food, then don't go to fast food outlets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

People should have choice in terms of their food - and that includes the option to enjoy fast food from time to time. If you don't like fast food, then don't go to fast food outlets.

Absolutely, I love chips. But this statement is surely a bit of hyperbole?
    the west of the city has been lacking in a major fast food

Like I said, there is no shortageof fast food in ballincollig. There are LOADS of them already, this entire thread is devoted to them. Defo not something I would have said ballincollig was lacking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭TINA1984

pwurple wrote: »
    Absolutely, I love chips. But this statement is surely a bit of hyperbole?

Like I said, there is no shortageof fast food in ballincollig. There are LOADS of them already, this entire thread is devoted to them. Defo not something I would have said ballincollig was lacking.

It's all about the brand innit? When people think and say fast food they mean McDonalds & Burger King like the good conditoned consumers that they are.

One would have thought having a couple of Mcdonalds 5 minutes down the N40 and another couple of 'em in the city centre would be enough to satisfy most but evidently not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

TINA1984 wrote: »
    One would have thought having a couple of Mcdonalds 5 minutes down the N40 and another couple of 'em in the city centre would be enough to satisfy most but evidently not!

nah the food is cold by the time you get home...

seriously though Douglas has Mc Donalds for years, kc's, eco's...etc have all continued trading just fine,

the Fry should be just fine even with the new mcd's...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭TINA1984

hoodwinked wrote: »
    nah the food is cold by the time you get home...

seriously though Douglas has Mc Donalds for years, kc's, eco's...etc have all continued trading just fine,

the Fry should be just fine even with the new mcd's...

Shur heat it up the microwave, not like the McDonalds food is gonna go off is it?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/05/mcdonalds-happy-meal-photos-6-months_n_761364.html#s155972

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

kcb wrote: »
    Tried Bollywood Express also; not bad at all. Clearly not as good as the likes of Raj but the prices are far more appetising! 10-12 euro for curry including rice.

Very nice staff.

Seconded. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Amen to that.

Advertisement