Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunder

• 06-07-2009 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭

I haven't saw much reference to Thunder on this forum. Personally I think its a great shame they never had more success and that this is their last tour.

I've recently finished collecting all their studio albums and have to say that each one exhibits excellent songwriting and musicianship. More consistent in the quality of their output than so many other big names in the rock/metal spectrum.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Saw them on their last appearance (I think) in Dublin, at the TBMC. They're an excellent band, if they were American they'd have been huge, I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The massive shift in the rock/metal music scene at the start of the 90's is what prevented them from being huge.

When bands like Nirvana, AIC, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam etc took over the mainstream, it pretty much caused the likes of Thunder to sound badly dated almost overnight.

I think if Backstreet Symphony had come out a year or two earlier, then the Whitesnake/Deep Purple- esque sound that Thunder had would have really gone across in the States.

Or if they were younger men now, then they could be big also with the rise in bands who are heavily influenced by 70's rock like The Parlor Mob, Black Stone Cherry, Shinedown, Airbourne, the Answer etc

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

I see Gary "Harry" James was the drummer on the new Magnum album

Advertisement