Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kwik-Fit - Crap in any country

• 06-07-2009 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭

So,

I went to Kwik-fit to get an oil change and the air filter had to be changed too as apparently it was mingin.

Anyways, when i went to pick the car up he told me everything was done and then just at the end he pointed out that the sump nut was worn and it had to be "glued in"

I asked him if it was cross-threaded and he said no, it was just worn and i'd need to get a new one when i next change the oil. I looked over the bottom of the car and didnt see any leaking so went about my business.

Drove to germany the next day and left the car in the carpark over the weekend, picked it up yesterday and there was a few drops of oil under the car, immediately thought "sh*t" and checked the dipstick, the level is fine but i'm pretty sure its leaking oil, albeit very slowly.

also noticed the branding badge is missing off the engine cover, wtf like.

Anyways, i should have known better and I was desperate to get it serviced, my regular guy was booked up and Kwik-Fit were the only crowd around i could find that were available (for good reason)

So if your ever abroad and are tempted to go to Kwik-Fit, don't ... just don't .. they are a shower of monkeys in any country.

Will have to pop into a stealers tomorrow and get a new sump nut and will have to get more oil and do it myself, if they cross threaded it i will go back and bleeding throttle him.

Rant ove r:rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

If it drops oil, it might be the case they have not replaced the gasket along the filter.
    At least on BMW it is like that.

Something like this:

BMW-Oil-Filter.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭sundodger5

so the other side of it is that the last time it had an oil change the sump nut may have been overtightened or damaged then kwik fit are the next to have a go they find the problem tell you they have had a problem (not hide it). they had no spare available normally they keep the compression washers but not the sump nuts themselves.
    they could have handled it differently and asked you to locate a sump nut and they would fit it for you F.O.C
    also referring to a dealer as a stealer is not fair on the good guys and do not say they do not exist.
    You trust your regular mechanic, he is still a mechanic who other people may not feel the same about.
    As above a bad garage would have said nothing and hoped for the best.

Advertisement