Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pints for women - yay or nay?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 briansmurph

Voted nay. Simple reason. It just DOES NOT look right.

Be ladylike and drink a glass, or a bottle of bud or w/e it is.... but leave the pints alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Funkyspunkball

Only if they can keep pace. I hate sitting with someone who nurses their pints. (men or women!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

Only if they can keep pace. I hate sitting with someone who nurses their pints. (men or women!!!)

I hate that too.:mad:

Unless they are an actual nurse. I wish case I understand its second nature and make allowances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Well, I think I've discovered my latest 'Who not to date' test.
    I can't believe this is actually an issue these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

im a girl and i hate seeing other girls drinking pints! it looks so manly and unladylike! just get it in a smaller glass and go up to the bar more!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Away with yere vodka n' tonic and have a nice Heineken

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

It doesn't look very ladylike at all, but I'd not kick anyone out of bed for having a pint so if they want to do it that's grand. Pints are cheaper to buy a girl than alcopops/spirit+mixer too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Who cares what they drink? It's the 21st century for crying out loud :rolleyes:

On a side topic - women are great :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Let the wimms have their pints.
    If they can swallow those, they can swallow anything. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Killguru

bronte wrote: »
    Wtf? Listen I'll have a frikken pint if I want. Heck I'll have a fcuking bucket of beer if I bloody feel like it. Are you going to go up to the bar to get me a new glass every half hour? No. So STFU. :mad:

Grrrr

See this is what they get like. I vote Nay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Killguru wrote: »
    See this is what they get like. I vote Nay.

Oh noes...wimmen in 'it's not the 1500's' Shocker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Yeah why not.... They o.h is use to having a grip on big things anyway.

Plus it saves you a lot of trips to the bar!

Most girls go for shorts these days imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

Pints ftw (it's far easier to slip a rufie into a pint than a bottle)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

It really bugs me that drinking pints is not socially acceptable for women in this country.
    I wouldn't go out for 12 pints or anything close to it but there is nothing like a cold pint on a hot day irrespective of gender. It is shocking that people still frown on women for holding a pint glass. I definitely wouldn't buy one in my home town for fear of the stares. it seems to be okay when you are in a big town and in college though. Other countries such as Germany women openly drink them.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

My husband has a good friend who is French and he truly believes that women shouldn't drink out of pint glasses. Once he was going to the bar and I asked for a pint of Guinness. He came back with a pint for himself and a glass of wine for me. I didn't bat an eyelid, just swapped the two glasses and started drinking the pint and told him that he shouldn't be mixing his drinks.

He never did it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

If you don't want to buy me a pint, you can get me a cocktail instead :pac:

WindSock wrote: »
    If you don't want to buy me a pint, you can get me a cocktail instead :pac:

Yes indeed it gives me great pleasure to hear a women ask for "Sex on the Beach" or " A long screw against the wall"

i think mines a pint all the same!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Nothing wrong with a woman with a pint. You feel she is part of the lads that little extra bit. I'm wary of the vodka/coke types who drink them slowly for a while then move on to water, not much fun.
    Pints + girls = better craic :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

ahahhaahahhahahah - this thread is HILARIOUS!

It's a non 'issue'.

We shouldn't drink pints cos we're women. hahahaahahahahahahahaha

'oh please, boys. Please can we drink a pint???' Yeah f*cking right.

Heheheheheheheehehe.

Thanks for that laugh, I needed it.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

It's not a big deal and wouldn't bother me but it DOES for some inescapable reason look wrong, like seeing a woman scratch her arse or burp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Definite nay on this one! Especially a pint of Guinness - it's kinda revolting ladies. :)

Don't mind a pint bottle of Bulmers or something, but a pint of draught is just wrong. I'm a weirdo. :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

It looks wrong but if you want to exercise your masculine side at the expense of getting laid, go ahead.

DB10 wrote: »
    It looks wrong but if you want to exercise your masculine side at the expense of getting laid, go ahead.

Quite true, I am a virgin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Pete4779

They are totally free of course to have pints but if that means that on top of having bad dress sense and being overweight, they are even more unattractive, they do not have the right to complain about being single having being so masculine socially for years.

So yeah enjoy a pint, or ten. An effeminate bloke can enjoy a cosmo or two as well, it's all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Nothing wrong with them drinking beer but it doesn't look right when a woman has a pint in their hand.

A big fat nay.

solve both problems buy a pint which is cheap and use a half pint glass....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

DB10 wrote: »

Glad to see women dont wear beer goggles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭kizzyf

I've always drank pints and rarely receive comments on it unless it's from other girls. One friend has serious issues with it and she hates it when I order a pint when I'm out with her. My male friends are fine about it helps when we're in a round as I don't cost them any extra. Strangely enough I'm not a butch dike.

kizzyf wrote: »
    I've always drank pints and rarely receive comments on it unless it's from other girls. One friend has serious issues with it and she hates it when I order a pint when I'm out with her. My male friends are fine about it helps when we're in a round as I don't cost them any extra. Strangely enough I'm not a butch dike.

Christ, tell her to keep an eye on her own drink and off yours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

bronte wrote: »
    Are you going to go up to the bar to get me a new glass every half hour?
    It takes you an hour to drink a pint? In that case I'd be buying them for ya in glasses cos otherwise the beer goes flat and THAT is the true crime here. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Advertisement