Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reset eircom router and now i cant connect to the internet?

Options
  • 06-07-2009 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

Hey i hope someone can help me with my internet, i restarted the router and now i cant connect to the internet through either wireless or ethernet; it only connects locally. ANd from looking at the front page of the netopia settings it says my Primary and Secondary DNS is unavailable - is this where the problem lies? PLease help, i cant stand a night without internet lol.. cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

It seems to be an Eircom outage see here : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055608998

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Cróga

Ohrite cheers i thought it was just me because im "borrowing" my neighbours internet now to post here and theirs seems to be working fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,381 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

had the same problem changed my dns to opendns servers (http://www.opendns.org/start) fixed immediately

these are the no's

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Croga wrote: »
    Hey i hope someone can help me with my internet, i restarted the router and now i cant connect to the internet through either wireless or ethernet; it only connects locally. ANd from looking at the front page of the netopia settings it says my Primary and Secondary DNS is unavailable - is this where the problem lies? PLease help, i cant stand a night without internet lol.. cheers

Change the dns nos to the open dns ones on your main connection page

Just had friend on the phone with the same problem and it solved it instantly for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Cróga

THanks guys that worked :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement