Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballycoolin Industrial Estate

Options
  • 06-07-2009 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

I have got a job working at Ballycoolin Industrial Estate.

For the interview i got the 40D bus from Parnell Street in the city centre. I was wondering if someone out there could tell me the best way to get out there from near the Clontarf Road dart station (i live about 10mins walk from here)?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 mcgooie

Thanks for those, i think i might have found the best method for me but want to check something out first. Im thinking about walking to Drumcondra station (can be done in 15-20mins) and getting a train to Castleknock. From here i am thinking about walking towards the Navan Road and the 38/38a bus stop.

What i am looking to confirm is which of the 38 buses (38/a/b/c) go past the NAC on Snugborough Road and then on to the roundabout at the end of the road where it meets the Ballycoolin Road?

Again many thanks

No worries

Firstly does your train stop in laura lodge?Theres a 38 bus stop more or less right beside that, before the bridge as your coming into blanch from town(phoenix park behind you)

As far as I know most maybe all 38s turn just before the nac into corduff, but there is a stop in corduff facing the nac.
    Ill double check that now for you.

Also an idea while I check:
    Get the train as you said, get of @ castleknock and walk to the blanch shopping centre then get a 238.

As i guessed with the 38s they don't go up past the nac!

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/38a/
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/38b-c/

The 220 used to run around the shopping centre but that's seemed to have stopped
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/220/

Also there's some fun on with the shall we say relaying of the back roads to finglas, so a lot of the buses are on mystery tour duty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

mcgooie wrote: »
    I have got a job working at Ballycoolin Industrial Estate.

For the interview i got the 40D bus from Parnell Street in the city centre. I was wondering if someone out there could tell me the best way to get out there from near the Clontarf Road dart station (i live about 10mins walk from here)?

Cheers

Aw, jeasus what a balls of a place to get out to. To be honest, I would purchase a scooter / car and drive. You'd waste your life waiting for public transport.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that info, il have to take a look at all my options and do a trial run before i start work. How long a walk would it be from the Castleknock station to the shopping centre? I was told that a shuttle bus operates from there every morning and evening to the park about every 15mins.
    Cheers again mate if you can help

Again no worries.
    Em probably 10-15 minutes, you cut through estates and come out the back of the new council offices.
    From there about 5 minutes @ most to the bus set down point.

Sorry I haven't heard of that service, unless someone who uses it or someone might have heard of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

jeffk wrote: »
    Also there's some fun on with the shall we say relaying of the back roads to finglas, so a lot of the buses are on mystery tour duty.

The bus routes are similar even with the Ballycoolin road closure. They allow buses to cut through the industrial estate to minimise disruption.

38 services marked with a "v" next to the time on the timetable pass right by IBM Ballycoolin. My experience with the 38 tells me not to rely on that timetable too much, although you still get dropped within 15 mins walk of Ballycoolin if you do end up on a normal 38/38A.

Best bet would probably be a DART into town and a 38 or a 40D out from there in my opinion. Might be worth considering cycling the entire distance as well. At 7 miles (11km), it's very manageable and would be an awful lot quicker than messing about with multiple forms of public transport. Aside from the stretch past Cappagh hospital, it's quite a nice cycle. They should have showers in the IBM Ballycoolin offices as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

If you're going to walk to Drumcondra station why not just get the 40D from around the corner on Whitworth Road ?

Jip wrote: »
    If you're going to walk to Drumcondra station why not just get the 40D from around the corner on Whitworth Road ?

That looks to be the best bet mate thanks very much. Do you know how long the bus would take from there to the park?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Depends on the time of day but early in the morning I'd say around 30 mins but I'd take a test run or an earlier bus the first time you're doing it. Once you're on the N2 at the top of Whitworth (can never remember how to spell that road) there's a bus lane until the bus turns off into Finglas where you get a tour but it's against the traffic anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

jeffk wrote: »
    No worries

Firstly does your train stop in laura lodge?Theres a 38 bus stop more or less right beside that, before the bridge as your coming into blanch from town(phoenix park behind you)

As far as I know most maybe all 38s turn just before the nac into corduff, but there is a stop in corduff facing the nac.
    Ill double check that now for you.

Also an idea while I check:
    Get the train as you said, get of @ castleknock and walk to the blanch shopping centre then get a 239.

239 goes to Liffey Valley... it's the 236 that goes to the Industrial Estates!!!

But if you're planning on walking to Drumcondra Station anyway, as the above poster said your best bet would be to walk the extra bit to the Whitworth Road and jump on the 40D there. It drops you right outside the industrial estate.

sorry typo

238 from the shopping centre covers ballycoolin as far as i know

http://www.mkmap.com/dublin
    All the bus routes.:cool:

Advertisement