Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sugar Gliders

Options
  • 06-07-2009 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, be gentle with me , Im new to this!!! Just wondering if anyone has a sugar glider as a pet, I live in an apartment and have been trying to come up with a cuddly pet suitable for this environment. They seem to fit the bill but would like some first hand feedback from an owner if possible. To be honest I dont even know if they are available in Ireland. Thanks for your help x :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I have kept sugar gliders before & they do make great pets.

However - they are nocturnal & once bonded with an owner they are YOURS for life - so for the next 15 years or so you will be their owner!

For more info on these FAB animals check out http://www.sugar-gliders.com/sugar-glider-care.htm

SugarBabiesLORHS.jpg
    SugarBabiesLOLHS.jpg
    BTW, I don't have any so please don't PM me looking for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

Hi Bond!! Thanks for getting back to me, very cute pics. Would you know where they can be bought and also the cost? Still researching them because as you say it is a long term committment.

I don't have any and I currently do not know of anyone who has any. Cost around €500 a pair.

Please do not PM me looking for sugar gliders.
    That applies to all who read this forum.

Ok, thanks for the website link, very informative :)

No worries. I am getting at least 3 or 4 unsolicited PMs a day looking for sugar gliders. I wish they would read the threads.

• Advertisement

I had never heard of them until a few days ago! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

They were on the donedeal a few months back. I had the lads email but gmail deleted every email i ever had bar 7 for some reason

Thanks for that Dusty, I will check that out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭leelee_m

Not sure if i can mention specific pet shop names here but i saw sugar gliders in one in dublin a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭declanobrennan

leelee_m wrote: »
    Not sure if i can mention specific pet shop names here but i saw sugar gliders in one in dublin a while back.

Hey, could you pm with the shop names please?

Thanks,

Declan

• Advertisement

Bond-007 wrote: »
    I don't have any and I currently do not know of anyone who has any. Cost around €500 a pair.

Please do not PM me looking for sugar gliders.
    That applies to all who read this forum.
    I think some journalists should learn to read threads completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭boxercreations

I found this

http://www.sugarglider.com/gliderpedia/index.asp?PetDrawbacks

and it made me realise glider ownership is not for me -

everybody do your homework! It's no wonder I could find 35 listings for Sugar gliders under 3 years old.

But what do they do with them when no one takes them?

Advertisement