Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a good deal??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Anyone, please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

Eircom? nah not for me i download a lot of torrents so eircom will probably not be cool with this. what will you use for this 7mb connection?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

mehmeh12 wrote: »
    Eircom? nah not for me i download a lot of torrents so eircom will probably not be cool with this. what will you use for this 7mb connection?

I generally watch live football on sites such as justin.tv. I also do download quite a bit of music and would be interested in downloading the odd film.

I'm on the Vodafone 3G modem now and paying about 80 euro a month due to the amount I download on a 5GB allowance each month so the 65 euro for 50GB allowance each month with Eircom seems like a decent offer to me.

Is eircom the only option in your area? In the past i've find this site http://www.callcosts.ie/home/default.asp to be rather useful. Personally Im hoping smart Telecom will come to my area soon, a friend of mine has been with them for 5 years-tends to good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Link seems to be broken, but eircom are doing free landline installation for everyone at the moment it seems, I just ordered the 3Mb package.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Get the line installed by eircom, for free, then use a different provider.

Strange that link works on my laptop...
    Getting eircom to install line and not using eircom bb? don't you have to sign a 12 month contract with most ISP's?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

mehmeh12 wrote: »
    Strange that link works on my laptop...
    Getting eircom to install line and not using eircom bb? don't you have to sign a 12 month contract with most ISP's?

Yes, but you can just order a standard Eircom phone line first, you now for that boring old service called a landline phone and once installed get BB from many different companies.

If your home has UPC cable TV then UPC would also be an excellent option.

If not then it would be well worth checking with Smart and Magnet, before looking at Eircom resellers like BT, Vodafone, etc.

Advertisement