Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some general questions about xbox live.

• 06-07-2009 10:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭

Hey.

I'm a complete newbie to the xbox so i'm just looking for some advice on a few things regarding xbox live.

1-Does it matter what Xbox console I own? I mean does an arcade work as well as an elite when it comes to xbox live?

2-What type of internet connection will I need to support it? My current apartment is on a LAN setup and i'm not sure if that will work. Can an xbox be run on some type of wireless connection?

3-Generally how much does it cost for a year?

Any info would be brilliant.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

1 - It's recommended that you have a HDD for Xbox Live. It's cheaper to get a Pro/Elite than to get an Arcade and get a HDD later on. The only difference between the Pro and Elite is colour as the extra 60GB isn't really needed.

2 - Wired LAN is fine (so long as it's broadband). A cable is provided with both the Pro and Elite, not sure about the Arcade. For wireless, an adaptor is needed. These are about €50 from Smyths etc.

3 - €60 if you buy it from a shop, or through the Xbox itself. It's better to get it from eBay or somewhere else online as you can get it for ~£30. You get a month free with a new console/gamertag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

1 - It's recommended that you have a HDD for Xbox Live. It's cheaper to get a Pro/Elite than to get an Arcade and get a HDD later on. The only difference between the Pro and Elite is colour as the extra 60GB isn't really needed.

2 - Wired LAN is fine (so long as it's broadband). A cable is provided with both the Pro and Elite, not sure about the Arcade. For wireless, an adaptor is needed. These are about €50 from Smyths etc.

3 - €60 if you buy it from a shop, or through the Xbox itself. It's better to get it from eBay or somewhere else online as you can get it for ~£30. You get a month free with a new console/gamertag.

So buying a pro console is the best way to go? How good is the wireless adaptor connection compared to a connection received through a normal broadband connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Paddy_B

Eh, the wireless adapter is sold seprateley so you would be looking at around 80euro but try and shop around but its very good, works perfectly through floors and walls.

Advertisement