Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teeworlds - Epic Game

Options
  • 06-07-2009 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭

I give you Teeworlds!

splashtee.png

One of the lads mentioned this to the other day before we kicked off our LAN over the weekend. It's a free game and it is a hell of a lot of fun. It's a simple multiplayer 2d platform game where you have a small round charcter who comes equipped with a grappling hook and rifle. You can pick up a shottie, grenade launcher, laser beam and a ninja power up that does a lot of damage. It has deathmatch, team deathmatch and capture the flag with the later being our favourite over the weekend.

Due to it's popularity we've hosted a server of each game type. They are as follows:

DM: lanparty.ie:8303
    TDM: lanparty.ie:8304
    CTF: lanparty.ie:8305

See you on!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Will download, haven't played. Saw you all on it though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

its defo an epic game alright.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

This game is the most fun I've had multiplayer since I don't know when. So much win.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Kharn wrote: »
    This game is the most fun I've had multiplayer since I don't know when. So much win.

You pwned me and I wasnt even disappointed with it, I was laughing so hard most of the time! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

It is a fantastic game! Finally my hours of practicing with the grappling hook in Worms pays off aswell - flag capture speed runs! :D Great fun agreeing to mallets only.

Played it ages ago when there was only five maps and the frickin' laser beam wasn't in it...My love has been rekindled!

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

`having trouble connecting to servers, but I think my net is just dodgy recently.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

You pwned me and I wasnt even disappointed with it, I was laughing so hard most of the time! :rolleyes:

yep, even when you get massacred, you're still loving it. :D Being grappling hooked off the edge of a map when you're trying to cap with the flag is hilariously infuriating :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Absolutely fantastic game

Thanks a million!??!!?

Great little piece i can jsut jump into for a few minutes here and there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Awesome game. Like Soldat but with a great sense of sillyness about the whole thing, and the hook is great when you get the hang of it! :)

There was a bloody ninja flying around this morning knifing people, wtf!?!?1

Awesmoe game, never gets boring, must join the servers listed above, if ican figure out how

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

TheDoc wrote: »

Awesmoe game, never gets boring, must join the servers listed above, if ican figure out how

I'd imagine they'll be at the top of your list if you sort by ping. Then just click on server info and tick favourite. :)

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    I'd imagine they'll be at the top of your list if you sort by ping. Then just click on server info and tick favourite. :)

Cool :) See you in there, but anoyne got more info on the ninjas? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Cool :) See you in there, but anoyne got more info on the ninjas? :)

There is a sword 'powerup' / weapon that appears every once and awhile...There is a timing to it but haven't invested enough to check it. It only appears in the one spot in each map and can turn the tide...but is a nightmare if you get lag! Possible to avoid but requires great timing. No better feeling though than shooting someone dead just as they are coming straight at you full tilt with the sword.

🤪

Just type part of lanparty in the box and the 3 servers come up

Advertisement