Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mozilla 3.5 problems anyone?

• 07-07-2009 12:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

I have been having quite a few problems lately with Mozilla 3.5 suddenly refusing to open sites I know to be safe. My PC only is affected - my MacBook is ok. I have done all the usual stuff with no joy, and have good security. I spent quite a chunk of the weekend on maintenance, and perhaps am too dumb to suss what's wrong.
    It doesn't happen with Safari or Chrome. Any of you kind people have any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

can you describe the problem in a little more detail please. An example of a site would be good. The operating system you're running, antivirus, etc... :)

Is the site reporting an error when you try to open it, or is the browser crashing? Is it refusing to show anything or other issue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Working away beautifully here on Vista Business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭wheels of ire

BoB_BoT wrote: »
    can you describe the problem in a little more detail please. An example of a site would be good. The operating system you're running, antivirus, etc... :)

Is the site reporting an error when you try to open it, or is the browser crashing? Is it refusing to show anything or other issue?
    Sorry for delay in getting back to you - doing old-fashioned reading. I'm running Vista Ultimate, on a Pentium D 2.8 32bit, 2 Gb RAM, 70Gb free. Avast! antivirus. I have Spybot S&D,CCleaner,SpywareBlaster.ad run JkDefrag weekly.

Sometimes it seems as if the whole browser hangs, and Page cannot be Found returns for pages such as Google, facebook,irishtimes.com and so on.
    I thought it might be Eircom problems but if I can open sites on other browsers it would seem to be not the fault of the ISP. I've uninstalleed and reinstalled Firefox, to no avail.
    I hope this helps. And thanks for your time.

Advertisement