Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incoming Call + Text Message Caller Id

• 07-07-2009 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

My apologies if this question has being asked before i have searched for an answer and looked through the threads.

MY Problem
    I am using an AMsam M810.It is running Windows Mobile 6

I have a Person Y phone number saved as 085******* so when they call me there Caller ID comes up saying the name as well as the ringtone i have set for them and picture.

But when Person Y sends me a text message there number comes up as +0035385******* so i do not see there name.

I have all numbers saved in Contacts and i am using SPB Mobile Shell 3(Which im almost sure does not make a difference)

I hope somebody can help me as this problem is driving me mad and makes me want to revert back to a normal phone or Iphone

Thank You In Advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

There is one easy solution. granted not ideal.

Just saved the second number again under the same name and that way there name will come up when you get a text from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Edit Person Y's number in your contacts, dropping the first 0 and replacing it with +353. This should solve your problem, though it is weird that it doesn't automatically pick up that it is the same number the way most mobiles do.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭ShamrockAir

Thank You for the fast replies.

Thor your way does work but it doubles the contacts i all ready have.

SoundMan even when i drop the 0 and add +353 the same thing happens

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭ShamrockAir

Problem
    Solved :)

You need to change the number in CallIdMatch in the system registry to7.

It was actually very easy to do.

Step (1)
    Download PHM Registry Editor, Pocket Pc 2002,2003 (ARM/PXA)
    http://www.phm.lu/downloads/download.aspx?{940B734A-C437-41C7-ADED-2A4418802FD3}

Step (2)
    Copy the file to your Device/SD Card and install

Step (3)
    (A)Open the registry editor in Start > Programs

(B)Expand Hkey_Current_User. Then do the same for Control Panel\Phone

(C)If CallIdMatch is not listed under Phone, Click Edit > New Dword Value.(If it is listed skip to (E) )

(D)In the Value name: textbox, type CallIDMatch

(E)In Value Data, type 7 or the value that matches the number of digits in your phone number.(085 ******* is 10 digits but we drop the 085 and make it 7 digits to *******)

(F)Close the registry editor and restart your device.

Advertisement