Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mounting images.. and where to get mounting board?

• 07-07-2009 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭

hi guys,
    planning on getting printing for the up coming peoples photography exhibition, but am wondering what people use to mount their printed images? im guessing i'll be printing to a size of 8 x 10 so what do people recomend and where's the best, and cheapest, place to get the card in quantity...
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

steve (stcstc) will be able to sort ya out (printing and mounting) ...... but if you want to do it yourself you should be able to find mounts online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

+1 for Steve. Also you can try O'Sullivans on Camden st / Wexford St. for mounting board, though you will have to cut it yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

thanks guys

if you want to cut your own you will need:

mount board
    backing board

mount cutter
    steel rule

some kind of cutting mat

hinging tape
    double sided tape

you can buy all of this in sisslings in sandyford, although technically they are a trade only supplier, chances are they will be cool

in terms of cost you are looking at approx 100 euros for a reasonable kit of tools

then the cost of materials

the other option is to buy ready made mounts and only cut backing board

places like easons and the art & hobby shop normally sell them

otherwise if you want i can cut a series of mounts for you etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Just like to say that I received my A3 print and mount from steve yesterday, and its top quality stuff !
    /Thanks again steve ;)

hey dude

thanks for mentioning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭darraghsherwin

There is also Glenwood Mouldings in Newtown MountKennedy, Co Wicklow.
    They can sometimes be cheaper than Sisslings for mount board but not sure if they do the mount cutters, etc
    Some photography stores like Photocraft in Bray sell pre-cut mounts, they generally work out at around €3 for an 8x10 mount but wouldn't be up to quality stcstc could produce.

Darragh

The other thing to remember is those precut mounts are just the mount, no backing board, and not fixing for between mount and backing

backing board costs 4 euro a sheet plus vat but you will get a good few 10*8 s out of a sheet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭positivenote

hi guys just to come back to this, is there anywhere on line i could order this and have it delivered to the house?
    Thanks

Advertisement