Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Problems

Options
  • 07-07-2009 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭

I'm led to believe that there are certain 'works' going on in Meath in regards to the broadband service. I've heard from a load of people now across different parts of the county complaining that their internet has been dodgy over the past few weeks, as has mine. Anyone on here experience anything simular to this.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Has it been your broadband with eircom.net? If so then their DNS has been flaky over the last number of weeks with intermittent service. If this is the problem then you could try configuring your setup to opendns. You'll find discussion and detail over on the broadband forum;

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=259

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Cheers mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I kept getting a DNS error message when trying to access the internet last night. Seems to be ok now though..... but for how long?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

My internet was pretty much not working for the whole of today like. Anyone else experience this?

NufcNavan wrote: »
    My internet was pretty much not working for the whole of today like. Anyone else experience this?

Yep once again my internet wasn't working for all of yesterday evening. Pain in the hole.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

You should scrap eircom and get onto NTL, amazing speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭jinxycat

I'm on the ntl too and find it great, now it did go on me once for 2 days though due to whatever happened, i don't know, the tv went too. Never happened since though, the speed is great also :D

No need to change internet provider lads. Just switch to openDNS. Hasn't let me down yet.

www.opendns.com

Works like a charm.

Advertisement