Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playlist help- electro, house, trance, old skool and some random ones

• 07-07-2009 1:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone.

Basically what I'm trying to do is make a list of some tunes i've been meaning to download/rip/buy/aquire etc.. in one place. I have thought of the songs/artists below and need help remembering/discovering some more songs :D.

Also, if you think my descriptions of genres are a bit off, feel free to corrrect me... I'm still confused about the difference between electro and electro-house :D
    Note: Please don't recommend too much commercial-y shite dance/clubland (e.g. basshunter,cascada, gigi d'agostini etc...) as I think I have enough of that in the list already
    - unless it is a glaring ommission that is(some sort of summer anthem/club banger thats a bit poppy if you know what I mean...). What I am looking for is some more old skool (e.g. alice deejay, da rude, faithless etc...) and new electro/tech-house (e.g. klaas, eric prydz, deadmau5 etc...)

Artists I Like:
    Armin van Buuren, Basshunter, Calvin Harris, Chemical Brothers, Daft Punk, David Guetta, Faithless, Fatboy Slim, Klaas, Kraftwerk, LCD Soundsystem, Mstrkrft, Pendulum, Prodigy, Simian, Simian Mobile Disco, Stardust, Tiesto
    I dont want to be adding albums/discographies from these artists so some recommendations to narrow down my choices of songs from these artists would be cool...

Bit of my Playlist so far:
    Alex Gaudino - Destination Calabria
    Alice Deejay - Better Off Alone
    Barthez - On The Move
    Benny Benassi - Satisfaction
    Bob Sinclar - Lala Song
    Bomfunk MCs - Freestyler
    Calvin Harris - I'm Not Alone (Deadmau5 remix)
    Cascada - Everytime We Touch
    DJ Quicksilver - Bellisima
    DJ Sammy - Heaven
    Da Hool - Meet Her At The Love Parade
    Daft Punk vs Benny Benassi - Put Your Hands Up For Technologic
    Dario G - ?????
    Darude - Feel The Beat
    Darude - Sandstorm
    Deadmau5 - Catbread
    Deadmau5 - Faxing Berlin
    Deadmau5 - Ghosts n Stuff
    Deadmau5 - Not Exactly
    Dizzee Rascal - Bonkers
    Dizzee Rascal - Bonkers (donk remix)
    Dizzee Rascal feat. Calvin Harris - Dance Wiv Me
    Eric Prydz - Call On Me
    Eric Prydz - Pjanoo
    Eric Prydz vs Floyd - Proper Education
    Faithless - God Is A DJ
    Faithless - Insomnia
    Felix Da Housecat - Silver Screen (Shower Scene)
    Flo Rida - Right Round
    Fragma - Toca's Miracle
    Geo Da Silva - Do You Like A Truck
    Gigi D'Agostini - L'amour Toujours (Ill Fly With You)
    Gigi D'Agostini - La Passion
    Gigi D'Agostini - The Riddle
    Guru Josh Project - Infinity 2008
    Hot Chip - Over And Over
    Hot Chip - Ready For The Floor
    Ian van Dahl - Castles In The Sky
    Justice - D.A.N.C.E.
    Justice - Genesis
    Kaiser Chiefs - Everyday I Love You Less And Less
    Kevin Rudolf - Welcome To The World
    Kid Cudi Vs Crookers - Day'n'nite
    Killers - Human (The Cure electro remix/ A State Of Trance remix)
    LMFAO feat. Kanye West - Love Lockdown
    Love Is Gone - David Guetta (Real Club Sound remix)
    Manian - Welcome To The Club
    Mauro Picotto - Iguana
    Mauro Picotto - Komodo
    Mondotek - Alive
    Mondotek - Dance Generation
    Mylo - Drop The Pressure
    Mylo - Muscle Cars
    Night Core - Dum Dadi Doo
    Public Domain - Operation Blade
    Robin S - Show Me Love
    Sash! - Adelante
    Sash! - Ecuador
    Sash! - Encore Une Fois
    Sash! feat. Stunt - Raindrops
    Shapeshifters - Lola's Theme
    Snap - Rythmn Is A Dancer
    Special D - Come With Me
    The Presets - This Boy's In Love
    Tiesto - Adagio For Strings
    Tiesto - Ayla
    Tiesto - Dance 4 Life
    UD Project - Summer Jam
    Ultrabeat - Pretty Green Eyes
    Underworld - Born Slippy
    Where's Your Head At? - Jean Elan (Klaas Remix)/Basement Jaxx
    XTM - Fly On The Wings Of Love
    Zombie Nation - Kernkraft 400

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭t0mm

You seem to have a good mix of genres there, I recommend 2Many Djs' As Heard on Radio Soulwax mash-up mixes.

Really, you have too broad a spctrum of music there for anyone to recommend anything, we could name anything at all and could be right. Try going on beatport.com and listen to the samples of tracks, if you like it download it, if you really like it then maybe download the album.

I'm going to recommend DJ Shadow, Tiga and Soulwax, merely because they're what I'm listening to right now. Make sure you get both One Minute to Midnight and Nite Versions by Soulwax, Nite versions is a remixed version of One Minute, unreal.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jumbone

t0mm wrote: »
    You seem to have a good mix of genres there, I recommend 2Many Djs' As Heard on Radio Soulwax mash-up mixes.

Really, you have too broad a spctrum of music there for anyone to recommend anything, we could name anything at all and could be right. Try going on beatport.com and listen to the samples of tracks, if you like it download it, if you really like it then maybe download the album.

I'm going to recommend DJ Shadow, Tiga and Soulwax, merely because they're what I'm listening to right now. Make sure you get both One Minute to Midnight and Nite Versions by Soulwax, Nite versions is a remixed version of One Minute, unreal.:D

Thanks, I've been told to listen to Tiga before but never got around to it so thats something I'll definitely do.
    I've heard a few remixes/tracks by 2ManyDJs/Soulwax before and didn't think much of them - I thought that the 'electro sound' was too harsh and the songs didn't seem to 'flow' right. I thought that the Kids (MGMT) remix was particularly awful... would you have any specific song recommendations by them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭t0mm

As Heard on Radio Soulwax are mashup mixes, encompasssing all genres. They have as much electro as they do rock, r'n'b, soul, etc, and are definately worth checking out.

If it is electro (house) that you're looking for then you might want to check out Crystal Castles (Black Panther by them you might like), Chromeo (Fancy Footwork), Simian Mobile Disco, SebastiAn, Vitalic, Freemasons, Digitalism (Pogo), The Bloody Beetroots, Boys Noize, Zombie Nation, The Japanese Popstars. Millions more but thats just a few of the better known ones off the top of my head.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Agreed your selection is so varied its hard to recommend, however I think you might like www.last.fm as it makes Similar Artist Recommendations and you can listen to thier tracks, should work well for you.

Advertisement