Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike parking on O' Connel Street medium. Anyone ever had parking hassle?

• 07-07-2009 1:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

I can remember getting a parking ticket on this medium back in the 80ies, the warden got the reg number wrong and the ticket went no where. I parked a bike there today along with other bikes, (Opposite Easons) and saw a note, "Motorcycles will be removed", and another sign telling owners to park across the road beside the GPO.

Looking over at that place there was no space for motorbikes as It was dug up for JC Decaux cycle meters, it was also full of push bikes. Has anyone been done for parking here recently? If I was I would fight it in court rather than pay a fine as there is no adequate parking facilities in the city. We had the same problem parking bikes on the height in Ennis.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Haven't been there in a while, but didn't bikers used to park on one of the side-streets next to Penneys (before the GPO as you head north, Google Maps calls it Princes St.)? I generally park next to the tourist office at the junction of Trinity Street and St. Andrews Street, though my trips to town are few and far between.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Haven't been there in a while, but didn't bikers used to park on one of the side-streets next to Penneys (before the GPO as you head north, Google Maps calls it Princes St.)? I generally park next to the tourist office at the junction of Trinity Street and St. Andrews Street, though my trips to town are few and far between.
    Thats the street I was on about, there was very few eempty spaces for bikes the other day, they removed most of the anchor points for motorcycles and replaced them with JC Decaux cycle terminals also the place was covered in push bikes.

I don't want some idiot with a push bike to scratch my scoot and they have done in the past where push bikes share the same parking places as motorcycles. I also wont lock my bike unless I find a secure anchor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭Popeleo

I've heard of a few bikes being stolen over the years from Princes St., so I generally park on the median when I'm on that side of the city - about once every couple of weeks. It's safer IMO as some thieveing ****e can't get a van close by to lift a bike the way they could on Princes St.

Never had any hassle with wardens or the like (not even seen one) and there are usually other bikes there. But I'm usually around in the evening or weekends. Maybe it's diffferent on weekdays?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭DonkeyRhubarb

I park the bike there from time to time. Its never for long, but the only problem I get is junkies going 'what CC is dat???'. But then again, no matter what bike Im on, whenever I stop at lights all I can hear is 'what CC is dat???'. Wa?? Ohhh roiiii.

:confused:

Advertisement