Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York!!!

Options
  • 07-07-2009 4:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hey guys, I know there's a thread on New York already, so feel free to merge if you want, but I've been there before and done all the touristy stuff, and this time am looking for other suggestions on things to do.
    Was really wondering where the students hang out, if there's anywhere I can observe REAL ny life, kind of want to experience what it's like to live in the big apple rather than more tourism. Any suggestions welcome!
    Also any ny movies I should definitely watch before setting off?
    Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Go over to Brooklyn of a Friday evening and hang out in this place:
    http://www.radegasthall.com/

Do a Yankees game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 FenderJazz

Go to a pub called McSoreleys!! Its an old Irish pub. Google it to see. It is exactly as it looks too was there last new yrs!! Its down near St Marks i think. Also Do to a knicks game, depends on when ur going and the season obv!! Walk over the Brooklyn bridge at night. Or drive out to Queens at night and before coming back look at the skyline. Amasing photo opportunity before entering the tunnell back into Manhattan.

Advertisement