Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal achievements of EPIC proportions

• 07-07-2009 7:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭

We've all got our "OMG UL NVR BLV THIS!" stories. The stupid things we're proud of.

So lets hear them.

Naxx 10 man, MTing as we got to Patch. We timed it so we cleared all the trash just as he was walking back towards frogger.

I said "**** this I cba waiting" and chased in after him. Picked him up at the far door where he turns, and kited him back through frogger, and back to the group standing at the other side of the slime stream....we missed the 3m achievement by 8 seconds.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I dinged my lock to 80 last night.

Epic achievement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭AaronFitz

TheDoc wrote: »
    I dinged my lock to 80 last night.

Epic achievement

Congrats to you m8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

i once beat a rogue!!!!

(i play lock)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

i beat a retri paladin as a disc priest :pac: and i once beat a resto druid as a pve shadowpriest, (still no idea how i managed that)...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Me and Gj spending hours in southshore romping alliance on our old server was immensely fun.

He had only got into the game and I was waiting for him to get to my level, and we used to spend ridic amounts of time pvping around there.

Back when it was world pvp, and proper pvp...and you just mauled anything that walked. Those were epic encounters.

I remember the night before my leaving cert english exam Gj text me " Theres a ****ing mill in ashenvale" dropped the books to log on straight up to Ashenvale to lend a hand, that lasted for absolutely hours. Those were epic pvp, I always feel since the introduction of BG and Arena the world got a little bit ****ter, and pvp servers got a little bit safer.

You used to just get a random invite, or see a massive force going to storm some ****ty town like Crossroads or something and youd forget about having to level and spend hours defending or attacking.

Even killing world leaders doesnt have the same feeling...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

I managed to level a character to max level once. Soon after I saw the error of my ways and returned to playing 47 alts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

' wrote:
    [cEMAN**;61027901']We've all got our "OMG UL NVR BLV THIS!" stories. The stupid things we're proud of.

So lets hear them.

Naxx 10 man, MTing as we got to Patch. We timed it so we cleared all the trash just as he was walking back towards frogger.

I said "**** this I cba waiting" and chased in after him. Picked him up at the far door where he turns, and kited him back through frogger, and back to the group standing at the other side of the slime stream....we missed the 3m achievement by 8 seconds.
    by not waiting you ****ed the achievement for everyone? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

Psycopat wrote: »
    i once beat a rogue!!!!

(i play lock)

That rogue must have been either AFK or unbelievably terrible! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

DRakE wrote: »
    by not waiting you ****ed the achievement for everyone? :(
    ' wrote:
    [cEMAN**;61027901']The stupid things we're proud of.

Yeah. **** them tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

First Paladin in europe to get Thunderfury way back when....possibly the world. :D The slagging I got let me tell yeh!. Was great for tanking tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

mass fear made me able to solo a group of 1 pally 1 druid and 1 dk on my lock last night in eots

tho it may not sound like much i was well chuffed with myself by the end of it .

people in pvp with pve gear ftw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

70 on my mage, pom pyro with kara/bad pvp gear, i was in arathi basin, i hit slow fall and mounted up, jumped into GM and took out a mage and a warrior :-D good times!

Also, me (main = disc priest) and another disc priest jumped from LM to BS and killed a rogue, druid, shammy and warrior and took BS :-D good fun!

And ofc theres the countless times ive ressed in 2v2 and won 2v1 :-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

DarthWraak wrote: »
    That rogue must have been either AFK or unbelievably terrible! :pac:

dont take this away from me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

My personal achievements:

First Paladin on Server Terenas to reach 80
    First Blood Elf on Server Terenas to reach 80

Was never so tired in my life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

My personal achievements:

First Paladin on Server Terenas to reach 80
    First Blood Elf on Server Terenas to reach 80

Was never so tired in my life

Wow, well done. Or should I say gz.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

shadowword death on hodir 25 man with full raidbuffs... hit him for about 54k...the backlash missed me :D best moment of "oh fuc...yes!" ever

as opposed to our first week on gluth when i SWD and our warlock used lifetap just as decimate happened.. /facepalm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Killed Mu'ru just before the nerf patch. Server first and only gg.

Then I quit about 2 weeks ago as RL finally got the better of me ah well :/

Advertisement