Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Driving test today - i'm very nervous

• 07-07-2009 8:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭

Have my driving test later today (2nd test). I was hoping for a lie in this morning but I'm up and I feel absolutely sick in the stomach with nerves. Its all too easy for people to say relax into it and you'll be fine. And then driving testers don't make it one bit easy behaving like robots. Not looking forward to it, not one bit. In fact if I didnt have my instructor booked for the afternoon I'd go to the cinema instead.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

You're supposed to be nervous, that's your body's way of preparing for these kind of situations. Just don't let it consume you, you've got a chance to do your test so you may as well just give it your best shot.
    Give it your best shot, be confident you've done everything you need to pass.
    Best of luck and we'll continue this conversation in the Successful thread later;)

• Moderators Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭x PyRo

All the best in it. Nerves are good in certain situation. Hopefully it'll make you perform well.

Good luck :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭shreksaurus

Getting very very nervous now. Amazingly I'm staying away from coffee and red bull. Will be back later to let you know how i get on. Dear jesus good god almighty.... Help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Getting very very nervous now. Amazingly I'm staying away from coffee and red bull. Will be back later to let you know how i get on. Dear jesus good god almighty.... Help!

Deep breaths. Just stay focused on what you have to do and give it your best shot.
    Best of Luck

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Good luck. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

I'm home a while from the test.

I failed. I did a lot better than the last time though, which is good. Its all progress. Nerves got to me, but definately weren't as bad as my 1st time in May.

Got a different tester. Although he was nicer than the last tester I found him to be rude a few times, like I disobeyed one of his commands (by accident) and he started to sigh, which was off putting and made me do another mistake. Driving testers have no manners. The first tester I got in May sighed a lot too. So annoying.

Found a little comfort when I was finished and had parked. I just barked at the tester. Knew I didnt pass and told him to post the results in the post. He told me that they dont post the results and I roared at him to post it to me. Well anyways he encouraged me to go into the office and I did.

Hopefully next time I do a test I'll have my own car. Another tester that will behave like that sighing will find themselves walking back to the test centre!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭pandamoanium

Heya, sorry to hear about your experience today, I had my test yesterday (I think you're in Galway too? Westside was it?) and my tester was fairly abrupt and serious also.. they definitely don't put you at ease beforehand or make it any easier for you, I was a bag of nerves too!

One good thing out of it all though is that you now know your weak spots so you can work on them and iron them out - you said yourself that you improved alot since your last test! It's all practice, practice, practice... it does and will pay off though!

What route did you get brought on as a matter of interest?

Anyways, I know it sucks and it's disheartening but I'm sure it'll make you a safer driver in the end, third times a charm eh! ;)

Heya, sorry to hear about your experience today, I had my test yesterday (I think you're in Galway too? Westside was it?) and my tester was fairly abrupt and serious also.. they definitely don't put you at ease beforehand or make it any easier for you, I was a bag of nerves too!

One good thing out of it all though is that you now know your weak spots so you can work on them and iron them out - you said yourself that you improved alot since your last test! It's all practice, practice, practice... it does and will pay off though!

What route did you get brought on as a matter of interest?

Anyways, I know it sucks and it's disheartening but I'm sure it'll make you a safer driver in the end, third times a charm eh! ;)

Hiya pandamoanium, thats right - I'm in galway and did the test from westside.

A lot of sections on my test were blank. So did reasonably well throughout so I was actually happy. It was a good drive. The driver testers attitude annoyed me throughout. When I turned up for the test it was as if I was interrupting his lunch break. He just grunted at me. I started off badly. He showed me a sign which I never saw before. First thing I did when I got home was check it up in the rules of the road book and it wasnt there. Only got a grade 1 for the questions. Not bad.

I put so much work into preparing for the test. I'm not doing any practice in between lessons because I can't. But I must have got at least 30 lessons since the beginning of the year (and thats only this year). My instructor was saying that I dont need any more lessons and that all I need to do is practice. But dont have anyone to help me, so its a catch 22.

I read your thread yesterday pandamoanium about your driving test on monday, and you've done very well despite the two of us in similiar situations ie. very little practice, and pretty much just driving lesson experience, except I have had a load of lessons.

Cant remember the route I was taken on but I had definately seen parts during lessons.

Advertisement