Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toyota levin

• 07-07-2009 8:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

So iv got a 99 toyota levin that im trying to sell. Iv decided to go back to a 1.2 or 1.3, but im trying to sell the levin for 3k but no ones interested. Is it like that everywhere?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭martydunf

That seems to be a pretty reasonable price. Advertise it everywhere including local shops. What websites have you it up on? Try adverts.ie(free) and donedeal.ie (€3) seems to be fairly popular. You'll sell it eventually; just have to be patient!:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

If you stick it up on donedeal...it'll only cost 3euro!

You'll probably have an offer of a swap later on that day for a 1.3 starlet or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 handzy

Iv gotten offers of swaps but its all performance cars. I just want a nice normal car now. Iv had it in buy and sell and gumtree and my numbers on the car. Im not driving it anymore and its just sittn there. Boyfriend doesnt want it either, hes a motorbike man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

handzy wrote: »
    Iv gotten offers of swaps but its all performance cars. I just want a nice normal car now. Iv had it in buy and sell and gumtree and my numbers on the car. Im not driving it anymore and its just sittn there. Boyfriend doesnt want it either, hes a motorbike man.

gumtree IMHO not a great place to sell cars...
    put it up on donedeal, very cheap....

or put it up on Carzone... more expemsive, but a lot more people looking for cars are searching there....

price seems reasonable, for a car of that year..

Wel the price is reasonable because it needs a side skirt and a panel needs to be resprayed. Il put it up on donedeal and carzone. Hopefully it will sell cause im moving soon and dont want to bring it with me.

• Advertisement

Wel the price is reasonable because it needs a side skirt and a panel needs to be resprayed. Il put it up on donedeal and carzone. Hopefully it will sell cause im moving soon and dont want to bring it with me.

ahhh ... its damaged.... even small damage is going to put ptential buyers looking at it, due to the fact that there are clean straight ones available....

But afaik for the same year it is still 2 or 3k cheaper and the work would cost less than 3 or 4 hundred. I really dont want to have to send it in to be fixed and im broke wit moving. Should i let it go cheaper.? I thought it was a good price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

yes if you want it gone let it go cheaper, the market has crashed and you might see levins advertised for more but there only selling for 3 - 4 k, one that needs work no matter how little it could cost will be off putting and will have to be very cheap so that its a bargain

But afaik for the same year it is still 2 or 3k cheaper and the work would cost less than 3 or 4 hundred. I really dont want to have to send it in to be fixed and im broke wit moving. Should i let it go cheaper.? I thought it was a good price.

the cheapest one on carzone for 1999 is ASKING €3900....

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Toyota/Levin/bzr,barg/200927194462747/advert?channel=CARS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭martydunf

As hard as it is to sell a car in the current market it'll be much harder to sell a car if it needs work doing to it.

• Advertisement

So after havin a think i decided to put it down to 2400. Would that be more appealing?

So after havin a think i decided to put it down to 2400. Would that be more appealing?

will make it a bit more appealing, but I would say repair the couple of faults, wax and shine her up, make it as near mint as possible...

Advertisement