Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel Question - Swords

Options
  • 07-07-2009 8:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

just looking for any information anyone can give me on the journey from Slane to Swords. I'll be going the M1 - so heading for Drogheda and slipping onto the motorway and then into Swords. Does anyone do this journey - whats the traffic like this way - I have to be there for 9.30 on Monday morning and just wondering what time I should be leaving at as I haven't done this journey before!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wclarke20

I do that journey a lot as my girlfriend lives in swords and me in slane:D
    I always go up the n2, down the dual carriageway and take first exit ( signposted swords). That windy road will bring you straight to swords.
    35mins will get you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

wclarke20 wrote: »
    I do that journey a lot as my girlfriend lives in swords and me in slane:D
    I always go up the n2, down the dual carriageway and take first exit ( signposted swords). That windy road will bring you straight to swords.
    35mins will get you there.

+1. Head out the Rathbeale road to Rolestown, on to the N2 near Ratoath and turn onto the Ashbourne bypass ( follow Derry signs ) and that brings you out on the N2 north of Ashbourne and a kick up the arse away from Slane.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭DYLF

Hi Guys,

just looking for any information anyone can give me on the journey from Slane to Swords. I'll be going the M1 - so heading for Drogheda and slipping onto the motorway and then into Swords. Does anyone do this journey - whats the traffic like this way - I have to be there for 9.30 on Monday morning and just wondering what time I should be leaving at as I haven't done this journey before!!

if your taking the M1 from drog to swords its about 40-45 mins from when you get on the M1. the dual carrigway in swords can be quite slow at thet time on a monday morning

Advertisement