Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

re littlewoods interest rates

Options
  • 07-07-2009 10:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭

just received a litter from littlewoods telling me that there interest rate has gone up from 32.77% to 39.9% APR
    this is complete rip off and i for one have closed my account with them today and advise all other to do same.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If you ever paid at the old rate of 32.77%, you need you head read. My sister got one of those letters too and the max will be 43.7%, as it's variable. Crazy, but only if you pay it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭seangal

no we never paid it but i am thinking of people who do not pay off there bill they will get into a real trap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

seangal wrote: »
    just received a litter from littlewoods telling me that there interest rate has gone up from 32.77% to 39.9% APR
    this is complete rip off and i for one have closed my account with them today and advise all other to do same.

They told you about it
    This is pretty standard with all Finance agreements .... tis always a ripoff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Consumer Show: Aileen

I'm working with the The Consumer Show on RTE and we're looking for people to talk about the catalogue market - particularly in relation to the cost of credit (two major catalogue companies are registered as moneylenders.) Anyone interested in telling their story please send me a message.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement