Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

... and there wasn't even a match on

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

PHB wrote: »
    He looks genuinely happy. I wish him well. Won't really ever understand how people can beruge him this move, it would be like any of us getting to play for United/Liverpool/Arsenal/Chelsea/Leeds/Villa etc.

Childhood dreams that come true are always happy occassions.

3734795313-soccer-uefa-champions-league-third-qualifying-round-second-leg-liverpool.jpg

Doesn't always stay happy though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

CR9?

Poor man's LT10 tbh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Hope he does rubbish for 2 seasons and United buy him back for £30m and rule the world :p

In all seriousness though he was a great player for United and it pains me to see him go. Oh well onwards and upwards I suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Hope he destroys La Liga next season and truely cements his place as one of the worlds best footballers.

As long as he doesn't come back and do it at Old Trafford of course ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

3734795313-soccer-uefa-champions-league-third-qualifying-round-second-leg-liverpool.jpg

Doesn't always stay happy though.

Robbie Keane has had so many multi million [failed] transfers he is worth more than Ronaldo now..

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

legs11 wrote: »
    people who link Maradona exclusively with drug use are a lot more sad IMO.

You do know he almost single handed took a crap Argentina side to the wc final in 1990 as well as landed napoli a league title almost under his sole guidance :rolleyes:

You should youtube some videos of his and wonder did the drugs enable him to do that move...;)

I'm thinking more '86 than '90 :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭purple_hatstand

legs11 wrote: »
    Robbie Keane has had so many multi million [failed] transfers he is worth more than Ronaldo now..

;)

Around £75m in total:eek:

And it's his birthday tomorrow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

DaPoolRulz wrote: »
    I'm thinking more '86 than '90 :D:D

we all know what he did in the 80s [well us old enough to remember], but in 1990 when he was shoving on a bit he still took Argentina all the way and was not so far away from being the first player ever to captain two wc winning teams.

argies were absolute dog **** back then and they were the first team also to get a player sent off in the final back in 1990, if my memory serves me correct.

but is was Diego who took them all the way, his hoodwinked Brazil in the quarter finals with a deft pass onto that shaggy haired caniggia who scored. Maradona also scored an outrageous peno in the semi finals against Italy in his old stomping ground, the San Paolo stadium, irony of all ironies. Argentina's only other player of note in that wc year was the keeper Goycochea, who did heroics.

hmmm, wandering a bit off topic here better stop

Advertisement