Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of painting an apartment

Options
  • 07-07-2009 10:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

I've been trying to arrange getting a 2 bed apartment painted. Just the walls for now. I've been trying to get a quote but everywhere I call they tell me they need to come out and view it. I cant really accomodate this at the mo cause Im working 6 days a week and live the other side of the city.

Its a bog standard 2 bed apartment. I need to get the walls done in the lounge, bathroom and the 2 bedrooms. Would anyone have any idea how much this would generally cost.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭S.L.F

celticowen wrote: »
    Hi,

I've been trying to arrange getting a 2 bed apartment painted. Just the walls for now. I've been trying to get a quote but everywhere I call they tell me they need to come out and view it. I cant really accomodate this at the mo cause Im working 6 days a week and live the other side of the city.

Its a bog standard 2 bed apartment. I need to get the walls done in the lounge, bathroom and the 2 bedrooms. Would anyone have any idea how much this would generally cost.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

It is extremely difficult for someone to give you a price for something they have not seen.

Going by the guy I use, if the apartment is unoccupied and clear of furniture and the walls are in good condition and you plan to use the same colour throughout you might get it all done in one day if a man is any good.

If you have a bunch of different colours on the walls and there is tons of filling and sanding to do you'll probably end up taking another couple of days.

Most painters I use charge between €150 and €200 per day.

Any painter worth his salt will advise you to get the white glossing done while he is there.

And the guy I use is very good if you want his No PM me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭darcy.jonny

to get an approx quote over the phone ring up and give the room dimentions , inform them how many coats it needs in you opinion , tell them of any filling etc that needs doing and skrts , sourrrounds etc and they might be able to give you an aprox quote . saying a two bed appartment just dont cut it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭aka_Ciaran

I used a guy recently to paint an apartment that charged 80 euro per room. For this I supplied the paint (magnolia) and he put 2 coats on the walls and one on the ceiling. I also got him to do the hall and he classed this as a room so was 80 quid again. There was a darker colour on the hall and it took 3 coats. He also did 6 doors and skirting in hall and 2 bedrooms with 1 coat of gloss paint for 50 euro. So was 290 all in for 2 bedroms, hall,and doors + skirting which I was happy with.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭S.L.F

aka_Ciaran wrote: »
    I used a guy recently to paint an apartment that charged 80 euro per room. For this I supplied the paint (magnolia) and he put 2 coats on the walls and one on the ceiling. I also got him to do the hall and he classed this as a room so was 80 quid again. There was a darker colour on the hall and it took 3 coats. He also did 6 doors and skirting in hall and 2 bedrooms with 1 coat of gloss paint for 50 euro. So was 290 all in for 2 bedroms, hall,and doors + skirting which I was happy with.

Will you come back on here again in a couple of years if and when your paint starts to flake off the doors because he did not bother to key (sand) them?

Advertisement