Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photographer will only do Digital Album

• 07-07-2009 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi Experts,We are getting married next March and after meeting the Photographer we are very happy with him and his previous work. He showed us both Digital Album and Traditional Album. He informed us the company he uses for the traditional album has gone bust and he'd need to find a new supplier.I really don't like (Hate) the digital albums and now he has informed us he's not going to do Traditional album anymore.I think we'll just get the Photo's and see if we can get album ourselves.Can anyone recommend where we can get a good quality Wedding Album and where we can print the photo's.Any Recommendations welcome

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Have a look in all the camera and photography shops where ever you live or any town your passing through. A lot of places I've wandered into have had them in stock. Also im pretty sure I've seen some in places like Eason etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

a lot of the traditional album companies are closing or changing to digital albums as that is what the majority of customers want.

why do you hate digital albums or is it just the designs you've seen don't look like what you want. For me, digitally printed albums give you complete flexibility from very traditional looking with leather cover to modern hardback book

but, anyway, have a look at: http://www.parker-photo.co.uk/
    and then ask your photographer to order one off there for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Actually I might have misunderstood OP. By Digital album I thought you meant that he just gives you a CD.

I'm getting hitched in Oct and our photographer is going to give us a CD with all the photos from the day and then print whatever ones we request. Were gonna make our own album from that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I think we'll just get the Photo's and see if we can get album ourselves.
    Better run that idea by you photographer first - some of them will demand a king's ransom to let you have the full res originals when it's all over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

hi,

have you told the photographer that you hate the digital albums? It seems harsh for him to refuse you something he'd already agreed to give you. And even more harsh that he wants to give you something you hate.

Was there anything mentioned about albums in your contract? Not that you want to go head to head with him I'm sure, but just as reference.

I'm guessing the supplier he's talking about going bust is spicer hallfield. I used them for my matted albums as well, and it was a shame to see them go under. However, I was able to find a suitable replacement supplier who do the exact albums (Seldex) no problem at all.

In any case, I'd try and push him a bit more maybe. Wedding photographers are softies. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 maxwellhouse

Thanks Guys,

We have no contract signed, just in infancy talks with photographer. He has agreed to give us the photo's on DVD 300dpi (is that high res enough). I just dont' like the digital story book album's to my eye the quality of picture isn't as good, I don't like the crease in the middle of a photo when it's spread over two pages, and I just don't like when a whole picture is spread over the entire page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

300 dpi is fine for printing, depending on the size! What you really want is a stipulation of 12''x8'' at 300dpi or whatever... I'm sure that's something along the lines of what he means, but 6x4 at 300 dpi for instance is a whole different kettle of fish for future printing.

It might be worth your while investigating other means with him? For instance - a DVD of images that you could then have printed and mounted in an album of your choice yourself? Or as suggested - other album suppliers he could use? I know this is his business, but it's also your special day, and you deserve to be happy with what you get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

I just dont' like the digital story book album's to my eye the quality of picture isn't as good, I don't like the crease in the middle of a photo when it's spread over two pages, and I just don't like when a whole picture is spread over the entire page.

there are albums that use photographic paper so image quality is the same as traditional albums. and there are digital albums that don't have a centre crease and if you didn't want images printed over the middle or full page digital albums mean you don't have to do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

as sinead said

the 300dpi bit is only relevant when connected to a size, otherwise its meaningless

I suspect that he is gonna give you full files, but you do need to check

There are people - like me, who can print and arrange an album for you, if your photographer is happy for that to happen

there are sooooooo many options for albums, as erik said the spicer hatfield company going bust was a shame but there are a few suppliers who offer something basically the same

Advertisement