Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tree to block House behind.

Options
  • 07-07-2009 10:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭

Looking for a tree that has lots of folliage at the top to block downstairs windows of the house behind mine (for privacy) Our back wall is approx 10ft high and I would want the tree to go about 5-8 ft over it.

Any help appreciated. I have seen trees in our area that would be perfect but i don't know what they are. Maybe if I posted a pic they could be identified.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I have an 8ft wall at the bottom of my garden & wanted the same - I put in three Silver Birches & they've done the trick really well - look great too !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BillyGoatGruff

Thanks for the reply. Do they have a lot of leaves on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ddad

They don't have shedloads and they are not evergreen, they are however, attrative trees. if you plant them close enough together i.e. a metre of so apart they'll form a good screen. Alternatively you could get copper beech. they retain the withered leaves in winter so you get all year round screening. you can buy mature trees in winter bare root and once they are staked well ; hey presto, instant screen. They are way cheaper and easier to plant bareroot and as you'll need moderately mature trees to be 15ft plus it's the way to go. I'm assuming that you can wait until December or so.

Advertisement