Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Vegas 9 Plat v Pinnacle 12 Ultimate

Options
  • 07-07-2009 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Hi all,

Ive got my choices down to 2 software for editing HD movies from my Sony SR11, and I want to be able to burn standard DVD's and Blu ray. I have Windows Vista, 4gb Ram, 32 Bit, plenty of storage.
    Can someone tell me in a nutshell what is the better software for me and why?!!i cant see much difference between them.
    Thank guys!

burly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

My advice might be a bit out of date as i havent used either of these for a while

Sony vegas is a higher editing package than pinnacle. Vegas would be closer to adobe premiere. Pinnacle would be closer to ulead videostudio. It would be able to do a few edits that pinnacle wouldnt be able to do. However if you are filming weddings etc you might be better off with pinnacle

However i found pinnacle to very slow and buggy. But as i said i havent used for a long time so maybe its improved

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

burly wrote: »
    Hi all,

Ive got my choices down to 2 software for editing HD movies from my Sony SR11, and I want to be able to burn standard DVD's and Blu ray. I have Windows Vista, 4gb Ram, 32 Bit, plenty of storage.
    Can someone tell me in a nutshell what is the better software for me and why?!!i cant see much difference between them.
    Thank guys!

burly

What are you editing? Whats it for? What have you used in the past? Are you a beginner? Questions questions...

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

On pinnicle 11 Ult myself, its good, but not super. It can completely lock when you transition with some MP4s(Phone created) which drives me nuts.

Its a good entry level package but I'm gonna go elsewhere when I get my new rig at the end of the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 GlobalStranger

why not download the free trials, experiment for the 30 days etc, use quik tip videos available and you will be able to have a hands on of both.
    I use vegas pro, & the HD & options are more than I need & the sound editing is excellent,
    but thats me.. :)

Advertisement