Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President obamas speech this morning

Options
  • 07-07-2009 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭

Any one tune into president Obama's speech this morning in Moscow. Have seen three of his speeches now and he is a very good orator. Anyone take anything of note from his latest address.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

No, but I smirked when I saw this quote
    "The pursuit of power is no longer a zero-sum game,"

Its a theme his speech writer returns to again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again.

Im just waiting for Obama to announce that people must reject the false choice between having their cake and eating it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Sand wrote: »
    No, but I smirked when I saw this quote

Its a theme his speech writer returns to again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again.

Im just waiting for Obama to announce that people must reject the false choice between having their cake and eating it.
    Yes and see his joke about the weather bombed. Read up on his script writer in inauguration special in times in January. seems an interesting chap

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Link to the full text

Fairly standard fare though. Not a turning point in history I would imagine.

Sand wrote: »
    Link to the full text

Fairly standard fare though. Not a turning point in history I would imagine.
    well i guess you have to play it safe. every line is interpreted and given they are trying to "reset the button" no point being too controversial.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Average speech which fulfilled my average expectations. A remarkable turn of events would have been to abandon the missile shield, say Russia was welcome to join Nato and to reduce their nukes to double-digit figures.

• Advertisement

Average speech which fulfilled my average expectations. A remarkable turn of events would have been to abandon the missile shield, say Russia was welcome to join Nato and to reduce their nukes to double-digit figures.
    Well im sure he will be saying that to Putin in private. those Russians a proud race. wouldnt be good to be laying that down the law in front of a group of students. time and a place for stuff like that.

Advertisement