Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Dictionary

• 07-07-2009 12:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Not sure if this has been asked before, but is there a way to increase the internal storage on a Nokia phone for manually entered spellings.
    As I am using the predictive text input, I spell out words that are not recognised. But sometimes I have to spell out the same word over and over. Can the capacity of the spelt words memory be increased?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Currently have a 6300.
    But I'm going to upgrade it soon to a 6600i or 6700. Hopefully they will have more memory.
    Would it be the internal memory that dictates the amount of spelling storage space?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Currently have a 6300.
    But I'm going to upgrade it soon to a 6600i or 6700. Hopefully they will have more memory.
    Would it be the internal memory that dictates the amount of spelling storage space?

It would to a point. The words are stored in a specified file with a cap set, more memory on the phone wont necessarily help.

The 3 phones, the one you have and the two new ones are all series 40 os but the two newer ones should be an improvement. The 6700 is available already. It has a 120mb internal memory, where the 6600i will be out soon but only has 20mb internal memory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Thanks folks,
    Looks like I'll be spelling out some words for a while yet... :D

Advertisement