Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EXCEL query

• 07-07-2009 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

If I want to caluculate the ages of a column of people at a particular date in time - i have both their date of birth and the date in question, how can i do this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

subtract their birthdate from the point in time. This will give you the number of days that have elapsed since the person was born. Divide this number by 365.25 and round down to get their age.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Happy-Dog

Thanks but what i actually need is a formula or method to calculate age for a column of 500 people, instead of manually doing each

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭com1

tested in Excel 2007

=ROUNDDOWN((($B$1-A4)/365.25),0)

where A4 is the date of birth
    and B1 is the current date

Put the formula into the age column and drag it down the column as far as you need (of course making sure to put the correct cell values into it). The $ symbol in $B$1 ensures that exact cell is used throughout the formula

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 SlimeyGoose

com1 wrote: »
    tested in Excel 2007

=ROUNDDOWN((($B$1-A4)/365.25),0)

where A4 is the date of birth
    and B1 is the current date

Put the formula into the age column and drag it down the column as far as you need (of course making sure to put the correct cell values into it). The $ symbol in $B$1 ensures that exact cell is used throughout the formula

You can also use NOW() instead of $B$1 to get the same result.

If the calculation is in say C1, you might want to consider not rounding down but to break age into years and months by using INT(C1) for years in one column and ROUND((C1-INT(C1))*12,0) for months in the next and copying this down.

Advertisement