Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 09 - Premiership 09/10 League???

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭bmurphy8177

Lads....the rules were stated from the start. I got Birmingham and they are only 3 star. I have already played 3 games. Lost the 3 of them but was unlucky in the first two. Im not complaining......it is only a friggin computer game remember. Its supposed to be a bit of craic.

I joined this league in the hope of getting some sane people to play against and not these sods online who continually pick Barca and Man u and then when you start whipping them with Fulham or some other such team....they quit the game.

Keep the toys in the pram lads and play the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Some people :rolleyes:

I got Sunderland. If it keeps the peace I'll swap sunderland for burnley.

EDIT : right well, too late. Played a few games now so the offer isnt there anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭CrankyStudent

i havnt played any yet, im man city, ill swap for ****in burnley, and ill play for 0-0 draws the whole time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Kirby wrote: »
    I got Sunderland. If it keeps the peace I'll swap sunderland for burnley.
    EDIT : right well, too late. Played a few games now so the offer isnt there anymore.

:rolleyes:
    i havnt played any yet, im man city, ill swap for ****in burnley, and ill play for 0-0 draws the whole time :D

TBH, I dont care who plays as them. The best thing to do would be to swap them. I can't imagine its very fair to play as a 2.5 star or 3 (Wolves, Burnley, etc) star side against a 5 star United, Chelsea.... But whatever ye decide. I'm not bothered either way.

If someone wants to use them, thats fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭lebowski11

I'll take Burnley lads,its not a problem.I'm just looking to get involved in a league so it doesn't bother me who I'm using.I have Ade (couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo) Akinbiyi up front so I'll be fine;).
    Y2J beat me 3-1 lat night in our qualifier.I was never at the races.I'll sign in with Burnley later tonight.

• Advertisement

fair play man

and y2j you do seem a bit bothered if ya want them swapped

it defeats the whole purpose of the league if we swap the **** teams

its a computer game, ****in hell

Take it easy man. **** this, **** that, ****ing teams. Relax. As you said yourself, its just game.

If he wants Burnley...fair play to him and good luck to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭lebowski11

Chill out lads.Y2J was just fighting my corner for me and I appreciate it,I'm fine with Burnley.I'll play with a sweeper and a DM and I might run a few teams close.Staying out of the bottom 3 is my objective.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

fair play man

Your attitude on here stinks and if you are going to run a league where people are supposed to have fun and enjoy playing you would want to reign yourself in a bit with your replies and general attitude towards people. Obviously people are going to object about the Burnley thing because of the difference in stats, you coming on replying saying f*** this and that and im the boss play it my way or dont, and i set it up in 2 days etc just makes you and your league come across bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

Was 2-0 down to crankystudent after 10 minutes and he lost his connection!

Have to replay the match now...

Anytime you're ready....

• Advertisement

nah i think i lose cuz of that, prety sure it counts as a loss for me

what can ya do, i have found my new strategy for man city anyways :)

robinho on the left and petrov as a forward, robinho gets knocked down to easy its annoyin

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Generally the feeling on here is, if you are winning a game and then disconnect, you get the chance at a rematch. If you are drawing or losing then you get the loss.

Ofcourse, rematch isnt possible with 1 game limit in the league which is a shame.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Kirby wrote: »
    Generally the feeling on here is, if you are winning a game and then disconnect, you get the chance at a rematch. If you are drawing or losing then you get the loss.

Ofcourse, rematch isnt possible with 1 game limit in the league which is a shame.

This isnt a general feeling on here it was a rule we introduced after 2 seasons of the league we run, it wasnt there from day one and with 1 game it isnt an option so i guess its something for Cranky to consider next season.

Axwell wrote: »
    Your attitude on here stinks and if you are going to run a league where people are supposed to have fun and enjoy playing you would want to reign yourself in a bit with your replies and general attitude towards people. Obviously people are going to object about the Burnley thing because of the difference in stats, you coming on replying saying f*** this and that and im the boss play it my way or dont, and i set it up in 2 days etc just makes you and your league come across bad.

im not saying im the boss at all, im just saying i set up this league in the knowledge to everyone that a few folk would have good teams, a few would have sh1t teams, its like real life, when birmingham come to old trafford on day 1 of the new season how many of you expect them to win?

they will be delighted if they get a draw, thats what its all about

its not a story of winner takes all, its doing the best you can with the team you have

im just pissed off that only a couple of people couldnt handle being a crap team, its beyond me

you say yourself its about having fun, if you have to play with united barca or inter every game to enjoy it theres somethin wrong with yas

as for my attitude thing, some people started throwin wobblers cuz they wernt getting their way, thats why i got tick with people

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭bmurphy8177

Right lads.....draw a line under all this now and get on with it.
    Lets all just try and have a laugh with this.

ALL FRIENDS AGAIN GUYS????

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

Right lads.....draw a line under all this now and get on with it.
    Lets all just try and have a laugh with this.
    ????

agreed

i dont hold grudges anyways, i can argue on this topic and be nice to him in another type thing

i am an arguementative person in general but dont get worked up over them in the long run

im cool with him personally

i am an arguementative person in general

Your name doesnt give it away at all :D

i have no idea where my name came from to be honest with ya, my mate set up this account way back on my email

i recently tried to sign up and it told me my email was in use etc etc

now im stuck with this cuz theres no way id pay to change my name :P

Right lads.....draw a line under all this now

_________________________________________________________________________________

Done!!

• Advertisement

arf

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

hull? screw this :p

GT is Dowdus Maximus

Advertisement