Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from After Hours

• 07-07-2009 12:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,249 ✭✭✭✭

Hello Mods.

I recently changed my profile over to a new Username. I had been using it for a while but a Mod discovered i had 2 profiles and diabled the 2nd one. This has all been taken care of and i am in discussions with the Mod who banned me.

For the record, my second profile was called JimmyFloyd.

So yesterday in After Hours i was talking to someone i had previously spoken to (coincidently, the person i was speaking to which led to my ban), and i said something along the line of "Hey, this is JimmyFloyd, i have to use my old profile coz i got banned after arguing with you last night haha :pac:"

Something like that.

Anyway, the thread was about Tesco Cola and the conversation went on with people venting their islike for other Tesco products and others saying how they liked this and that. And i went back to read the thread and i had been banned from AH.

The Mod in question told me i had been banned for "bragging" about having a second account. I was not bragging at all, i was letting the other user know it was me who he had been speaking to previously.

As far as i was concerned, the subject of my second profile was being taken care of, and the Mod who banned my second profile had told me it was ok for me to contimue to use this one (MrStuffins).

I PMd the AH Mod in question asking about my ban but no response. I am just wondering whether i am banned permanently, or temporarily? OR any kind of word on the matter.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Who told you to just use the other profile?

I just want to know so that I can confirm it with that mod.
    I'll lift your ban after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,249 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Hey Terry

I was using JimmyFloyd but the Mod known as "BuffyBot" (actually an Admin, sorry) banned it as he/she believed it was a "trolling" account.

My prison thread can be seen here

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Sorted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement