Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dish washer not heating water

Options
  • 07-07-2009 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I have a Tricity Bendix TDS 200 which is no longer heating the water. It works fine otherwise. Does anyone know what could be the fault? I dont want to call out one of those technicians to be charged €80 and then be told its banjaxed....

Mike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

engrish? wrote: »
    Hey,

I have a Tricity Bendix TDS 200 which is no longer heating the water. It works fine otherwise. Does anyone know what could be the fault? I dont want to call out one of those technicians to be charged €80 and then be told its banjaxed....

Mike
    A random guess would be that the heating element is gone.
    Test it for resistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

CJhaughey wrote: »
    A random guess would be that the heating element is gone.
    Test it for resistance.

I like this answer here is a question, how do you do this. What type of reading should you expect, if you catch my drift.

Hi OP - i always google the model number when sopmething happens. It has always lead me to the fault

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

I like this answer here is a question, how do you do this. What type of reading should you expect, if you catch my drift.

Hi OP - i always google the model number when sopmething happens. It has always lead me to the fault

Tried that with no great success! How would I test it and what am I using to test it etc? I have never opened a washing machine before (apart from when I am putting dishes into it of course...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Expect a reading somewhere around 9-15 ohms ( depends on the element), a zero reading indicates the element is busted.
    Meter with power off.

wouldn't advise any DIY'er to metre anything live , ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Expect a reading somewhere around 9-15 ohms ( depends on the element), a zero reading indicates the element is busted.
    Meter with power off.

wouldn't advise any DIY'er to metre anything live , ever.

So would I be correct in saying if any heating element is bust you will get no reading but should get around 9 -15 ohms with the element is working... Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement