Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 3G 3.0 Update Slowing iPhone down?

Options
  • 07-07-2009 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I have my iPhone one year in October. It works great and I have had no problems with it at all.

But with the new 3.0 update it seems to have slowed down a lot (I know it was sort of slow to begin with).

The auto-correction when composing text messages seems to have been messed up with this new release (words that DID auto-correct don't auto-correct, auto-caps doesn't work properly).

These are the only problems I have noticed since the update. Has anyone else noticed these 'little' problems?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Think you may be right. Mine was VERY sluggish last night - opening texts, starting texts, generally slow doing anything.
    Scrolling down through web pages was very jumpy etc.

After a reboot this morning it's been working away just fine again.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I have to say, I have noticed the opposite.

I find my 1st Gen iPhone is actually a slight bit faster since the 3.0 upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭nedd

i have definitely noticed my iphone being slower since the update. one example here but opening text it very slow as well.

i cant remember if it was always like this but when I click on settings it brings me into settings but brings me to where i was last at in setting. then it thinks for a little while and finally it brings me to the settings main screen.

EDIT: I have a Jailbroken 3g.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

I noticed the speed difference also, and along with that the battery life seems to have dipped a bit as well which is bugging me more than the speed issue.

Advertisement