Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned unfairly

Options
  • 07-07-2009 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi

recently posted a message that I hoped would allow people get help in relation to building their house.

I firstly gave a link out - and this was banned, fair enough, I changed the message not to include the link but then I got banned

I was told I was 'pimping for a company' by a moderator called muffler

I have nothing to do with this company. They are located in Kerry and I am from Galway. I am unemployed and have nothing to do with this company. I was on their site this morning and they had an excellent free advice service which I taught people would be interested in. I know they sell things but that is up to others to decide, I’m only telling people of the free impartial advice. I do not think advertising free impartial advice warrants a ban

hoping someone other than muffler and syd can help, thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 AJE

listen i don't mind being banned, and i ignored muffler and syd as i think they are not good advisers but a little fed back would be v appricated, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Oh my, you didn't get an answer in 3 whole hours. How awful.

Sarcasm aside, the problem is you're quite new here. We get flooded with people coming here trying to promote themselves/their product/company/service claiming that they're totally innocent of connections between them and the said product/company/service. 99% of the time that innocence is BS.

It looks even more suspicious when you've been corrected once, and you try and get another sly mention in. Even if you're not involved with said operation, you disregared a moderators instruction.

The moderators here did exactly what they were charged to do by us. You could have approached them directly and said "oops" first time out, or asked them what the situation was. You didn't. You decided to try and sidestep, which didn't help your case at all.

BuffyBot wrote: »

Sarcasm aside, the problem is you're quite new here. We get flooded with people coming here trying to promote themselves/their product/company/service claiming that they're totally innocent of connections between them and the said product/company/service. 99% of the time that innocence is BS.

It looks even more suspicious when you've been corrected once, and you try and get another sly mention in. Even if you're not involved with said operation, you disregared a moderators instruction.

The moderators here did exactly what they were charged to do by us. You could have approached them directly and said "oops" first time out, or asked them what the situation was. You didn't. You decided to try and sidestep, which didn't help your case at all.

thank you for the reply

yes i do feel i have been waiting a long time for a responce. this is a help desk right? does anyone like waiting to be helped?? yes but everyone hates having to wait the long time for it. I mean it took you 3 minutes to write this, and it was all i wanted. Waiting 3 hours for a quick responce like this is a little poor.

Nothing against you, i credit all administrators as it is not the easiest job having to manage a website but i know an administrator called Asiaprod was looking at my details earlier and it is very easy to say a 'feck off, you did wrong, live with it.' But that is just my opinion and thats what this site is all about, right?

happy to be 1% - believe what you wish

BuffyBot wrote: »

Just to point out that this is a help desk thread where people go to view advice on their problems. This thread was created at 3pm today and has gotten over 70 views (not all are mine :p)

using sarcasm within a help desk doesn't make things look to good, if you know what i mean. If i called a customer services line, say like sky or eircom or something, and got sarcasm, whether or not it was playful or not, still looks bad.

I don't know whether it is the lawyer in me or what but i feel one should be threated as innocent until proven guilty. I broke a rule today, i should get punished. Fair is fair. But something like....

'unfortunately, there is no evidence to prove that you are working for the company however, there is also no evidence to show that you are not therefore we need to take the precaution'

i know the admin is trying to tell me this in their own way but i hope more people in a similar position will view this so they can see the service being provided. I'm very impatient waiting only 3 hours (now thats sarcasm :D )

I will take my punishment with pride and be back in month (ie i won't re register under a different name and email address) and ignored those trigger happy mods, ban! ban! ban!

Please add to this thread even if it is to tell me how stupid i am, the more people to read the better.

In the mean time this winging nuisance will be coming to a forum near you :D

additional, i just got banned from the whole construction forum for trying to tell a moderator that it is unfair what they are doing

i know i did insult them and i did apologies but they insulted me too and i get a ban from the whole forum and they get away scot free?

admins if you read this please advise all moderators to act accordingly, if they insult someone then they also need to appologies. lets have some equality, it is an opinions forum, for help and advice. some opinions are not accepted by others but if a mod doesn't agree, don't let them run riot

it is not a good way to resolve a dispute by banning someone

thanks, and so long

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

AJE wrote: »
    yes i do feel i have been waiting a long time for a responce. this is a help desk right? does anyone like waiting to be helped?? yes but everyone hates having to wait the long time for it. I mean it took you 3 minutes to write this, and it was all i wanted. Waiting 3 hours for a quick responce like this is a little poor.

There are no SLA's here. When you are paying my wages, then I will agree to SLA's.

AJE wrote: »
    additional, i just got b, anned from the whole construction forum for trying to tell a moderator that it is unfair what they are doing

i know i did insult them and i did apologies but they insulted me too and i get a ban from the whole forum and they get away scot free?

admins if you read this please advise all moderators to act accordingly, if they insult someone then they also need to appologies. lets have some equality, it is an opinions forum, for help and advice. some opinions are not accepted by others but if a mod doesn't agree, don't let them run riot

it is not a good way to resolve a dispute by banning someone

thanks, and so long

So, in other words, you felt that it was necessary to not only have an argument, but you felt you should be insulting as well.
    Perhaps its a good job that you are not running the forum.

Enjoy your leave of absence, it will not be resolved here. At least, not to your liking.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement