Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Player

Options
  • 07-07-2009 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hi,

When using RTE Player, after the advert finishes the programme I selected does not start, screen goes black and nothing happens but "Advertisment. Video To Follow" is all that can be seen.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭BeQuiet

Maruney wrote: »
    Hi,

When using RTE Player, after the advert finishes the programme I selected does not start, screen goes black and nothing happens but "Advertisment. Video To Follow" is all that can be seen.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Click on the HELP button - they are quick to respond to queries.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Maruney

Ive been waiting since Friday for them to reply. Nothing yet.
    Shouldn't the selected programme just start after the advert?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭EJLL

I'm having the exact same problem. It must be something to do with the RealPlayer settings but there is no indication of how to resolve it. It's very annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Just click the name of the program again (usually listed on the right), it usually starts playing without the advert then.

If that doesn't work, install adblock plus extension in Firefox and try again.

Used to happen to me all the time. Above always fixed the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Are you using Firefox 3.5 by any chance?

• Advertisement
Advertisement