Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any shop in Dublin selling Irish nationalist posters?

• 07-07-2009 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭

I'm looking for posters of anything Irish nationalist related, anything from Wolfe tone and Robert Emmet up to the Blueshirts and the IRA.

Anybody know of any decent shops?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

There are a few stalls in Blackrock market (even one selling an original Padraig Pearse book as gaeilge :) They sell historic and militaria related photographs, prints, posters, plagues etc Many are reproduction and one or two are original.

There is one poster shop somewhere I think on Dawson st in Dublin, it's a 'walk down the stairs ring the bell' kind of place so not that obvious to find, I can't remember the name of it but they sell original posters. Their stock is mostly continental, the Irish ones they do have are mostly non-military from what I can remember but if you can find them they may know where else to look in and around Dublin or Ireland. Ebay is of course full of overpriced ****e that someone with a colour printer churns out and frames for americans but you might also find something original on there if you are careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭lynchiered

I'm looking for posters of anything Irish nationalist related, anything from Wolfe tone and Robert Emmet up to the Blueshirts and the IRA.

Anybody know of any decent shops?

Try the Sinn Féin Book Shop on Parnell Square it has a really good collecting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

IFI has two nice posters from a movie called 'Irish Destiny'

Advertisement