Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying custom length network cables

Options
  • 07-07-2009 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

Hi All

I am looking to buy about 50 1.7m standard rj45 patch leads but am struggling to find somewhere which will do a "non standard" length.

Everywhere does 1.5m and 2m etc but does anyone know where I could order custom length ones ,I really doen wat to make them up manually.

I need them to clean up some existing cabling done with various length and color leads which is way too messy.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

Are you unable to use cable management?? 1.7m is a tricky one alright. I dont think anyone will do this as a certified cable. Are you really tied to 1.7m, can I ask what they are being used on????

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭djd80

Well it's an old enough cabinet that was used and the best all round solution for repatching would be to use 1.7m cables as these are the correct length to go from the patch panel to the switches..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 maguff

Hi. allcables.ie will sort you out.
    I have purchased many types of standard and non-standard cables from them in the past.
    They are very reliable and are located in Finglas (i think!).

Ya that was the name of the company I couldnt think of. I put in a call to them and they do custom cables alright. I can PM you the price and the guys contact name. They offer a range of colours too. Do they need to be certified, or will you do that on site??

Handy service though, they should be on here themselves promoting!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

FusionNet wrote: »
    Handy service though, they should be on here themselves promoting!!

That'd be called advertising which isn't allowed :)

They could sign up for a company rep account though.

• Advertisement

Ah is in Rory they should be on here helping people out with cable questions. Not promote direct but if they answer general questions and people go to their website thats allowed right???

Whats a Company Rep account???? sounds interesting

FusionNet wrote: »
    Ah is in Rory they should be on here helping people out with cable questions. Not promote direct but if they answer general questions and people go to their website thats allowed right???

Whats a Company Rep account???? sounds interesting

Answering questions to help people out is grand, like I've said before. Outright advertising is not.

I'll pm you about the Company Rep account stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭djd80

Thanks for the replies but I cant find allcables.ie online?

dar_d wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies but I cant find allcables.ie online?

Can't see a website myself but here's the address and phone + fax number.

All Cables Limited
    Unit 1 White Swan Industrial Estate
    Greenville Avenue
    Dublin 8
    Telephone: 01 4531233
    Fax: 01 4543633

I rang them Rory two days ago for OP, they never got back to me!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement