Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prime Time's Mark Little to Interview UN Secretary General

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Again Mark, although I acknowledge that having people field questions for you helps you do your job, I want to commend you for your interaction on these forums. Very few websites can state that they were only one link away from a UN General Secretary in terms of discussion. Thank you for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 RTE Prime Time: Mark

(I know this is a page for questions, but I can give you an answer to that one.)

Yes, the UN have investigated it. No, they do not agree with this view. View, for example, the UN Development Programme or the World Food Programme, or Millenium Development Goals. It has been asserted by the UN as recently as 2002 that nations should commit at least 0.7% of their national income towards development assistance.

And just to put things in an Irish context, we all need to keep a close on Ireland's commitment to .7 per cent. it was originally supposed to have been met in 2012 but cutbacks of about 20 per cent this year mean we will probably be well adrift of that timescale. I wouldn't be surprised if the Government tells us they can't meet that commitment until 2015.

Again Mark, although I acknowledge that having people field questions for you helps you do your job, I want to commend you for your interaction on these forums. Very few websites can state that they were only one link away from a UN General Secretary in terms of discussion. Thank you for that.

Thanks for that. I'm genuinely interested in developing this dialogue and excited about where it could take us.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

id like to ask mark why his first post was written in the third person?

Also could you ask ban if he finds bono as annoying as the rest of us. :D

DrumSteve wrote: »
    id like to ask mark why his first post was written in the third person?

Also could you ask ban if he finds bono as annoying as the rest of us. :D

Apologies.

There are two Marks here in the Prime Time office. The highly talented and insanely hard-working other Mark (hereafter Prime Time Mark One) and me, Mark Little (hereafter Prime Time Mark Two). Mark One wrote the initial post in the first person about me in the third person.

And as for Bono, sorry to disappoint, Ban loves him, loves him, loves him and he doesn't care who knows.

• Advertisement

Sorry for the confusion, Mark Not-Little here - there are two Prime Time Boards accounts, we couldn't find the password to the other one this morning so we ended up using just this one. Maybe Boards can switch Mark Little's replies across to the other account? Who knows what those guys can do... we'll try to avoid that happening again in the future.

Anyway, the full interview is below - I wanted to have it up earlier this morning so the content we didn't use last night could be used in the discussion but events conspired against me.

Advertisement