Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polyiso Insulation Slabs advice.

Options
  • 07-07-2009 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi.

Bought a house that had a garage converted to a downstairs bedroom. One wall was not insulated right (really cold and damp to touch). I reckon that plaster board was put straight onto the breeze blocks and skimmed. Black mould growing on it. I got sugar soap and got rid of it. I have also had an air vent put into the room in order to give some ventilation.

Now I have been advised to use a breathable membrane and polyiso insulation slabs to sort this out. Can anyone tell me is this the best solution and if so what is the best product to use to fix the polyiso slabs to the wall.

Any advice much appreciated.

S. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 suzeybo

Hi again.

If no one knows the answer to this question could someone point me in the direction of someone or somewhere I could get the answer.

Much appreciated.

S. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

The process would be as follows...

1. Strip off existing plasterboard.
    2. Batten out wall with 25 x 50 mm battens.
    3. Insert 50mm polyiso sheets between battens.
    4. Install 50mm composite board over this and skim. (12.5 mm plaster 38.5mm Polyiso)

Try to ensure an airtight seal at the top and bottom of the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 suzeybo

bauderline wrote: »
    The process would be as follows...

1. Strip off existing plasterboard.
    2. Batten out wall with 25 x 50 mm battens.
    3. Insert 50mm polyiso sheets between battens.
    4. Install 50mm composite board over this and skim. (12.5 mm plaster 38.5mm Polyiso)

Try to ensure an airtight seal at the top and bottom of the wall.

Bauderline, Thanks a mill for your help. Off to strip off the existing plasterboard now. Dirty work ahead. :)

Advertisement