Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smyths Fort lenox playcenter

Options
  • 07-07-2009 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭

hi,

bought this on line,

http://www.toys.ie/Soulet-Fort-Lenox-Wooden-Playcentre-!F12389-prod.aspx

Get it delivered.

Open box, wrong instructions, never mind, google is my friend. Get instructions, build it, half way through notice some parts missing. Get onto customer service, get missing parts the week after. Try to finish it, am missing two screws to fix seesaw and four bolts to attach it to the ground. Get on phone again and email. Get told to check box, bite lip and explain that all i have left are four bolts that have nothing to do with this play center. She tells me that she will phone around and have them sent to me.

Two weeks pass. I phone today, first tells me she has no record of my call, i read back her email, remembers now, tells me that they have never had a problem before and are struggling to get screws, but shell phone round today.

Now would it be too much for me to expect them to open one of there boxes in there warehouse, give me the screws i need, and then replace them when they get them? I've a good mind to tell them to come dismantle it and take it back. What are my options here?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

tinner777 wrote: »
    hi,

bought this on line,

http://www.toys.ie/Soulet-Fort-Lenox-Wooden-Playcentre-!F12389-prod.aspx

Get it delivered.

Open box, wrong instructions, never mind, google is my friend. Get instructions, build it, half way through notice some parts missing. Get onto customer service, get missing parts the week after. Try to finish it, am missing two screws to fix seesaw and four bolts to attach it to the ground. Get on phone again and email. Get told to check box, bite lip and explain that all i have left are four bolts that have nothing to do with this play center. She tells me that she will phone around and have them sent to me.

Two weeks pass. I phone today, first tells me she has no record of my call, i read back her email, remembers now, tells me that they have never had a problem before and are struggling to get screws, but shell phone round today.

Now would it be too much for me to expect them to open one of there boxes in there warehouse, give me the screws i need, and then replace them when they get them? I've a good mind to tell them to come dismantle it and take it back. What are my options here?

thanks

hmm legally I'm not sure where you stand on a return.. Most times (incl. a bench last weekend) I have put together items like that, it specifically states to ensure you have all the parts BEFORE you start building.. If anything is missing, then contact customer services.. They may not take a return now as you have "used" the item.. It isn't fit for sale true, but you didnt return it in the same condition as you received it..
    Do the instructions have anything like this that covers them?

The best course of action, may be to go back into the shop and ask for the manager, be polite but firm.. If he/she is not an ass, they should go in and get the parts for you there and then.. Other options would be SCC or go and buy the bolts yourself.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Simplest course of action is to source the bolts yourself, if its that close to being completed and youve invested all that assembly time. I know their lack of help is irritating in the extreme, but sending it back in order to teach em a lesson is cutting of your nose to spite your face.

Tell them youre paying for your own bolts but you want a discount off something else they stock to compensate for the aggravation. See if they are willing to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

Welease wrote: »
    hmm legally I'm not sure where you stand on a return.. Most times (incl. a bench last weekend) I have put together items like that, it specifically states to ensure you have all the parts BEFORE you start building.. If anything is missing, then contact customer services.. They may not take a return now as you have "used" the item.. It isn't fit for sale true, but you didnt return it in the same condition as you received it..
    Do the instructions have anything like this that covers them?

The best course of action, may be to go back into the shop and ask for the manager, be polite but firm.. If he/she is not an ass, they should go in and get the parts for you there and then.. Other options would be SCC or go and buy the bolts yourself.
    Oryx wrote: »
    Simplest course of action is to source the bolts yourself, if its that close to being completed and youve invested all that assembly time. I know their lack of help is irritating in the extreme, but sending it back in order to teach em a lesson is cutting of your nose to spite your face.

Tell them youre paying for your own bolts but you want a discount off something else they stock to compensate for the aggravation. See if they are willing to do that.

Thanks, bought online, however walked into smyths on the kinsale roundabout, cork, told him the manager my problem, two minutes later i'm leaving the shop with my bolts. :) happy days

Advertisement