Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stores opening or re-opening in Sligo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

Really? I thought the staff there were nice enough, apart from one miserable b1tch who worked there for a little while, one evening I went in there at 5 to 6, she clocked me then ignored me for a few minutes then told me she wouldn't serve me because they were closing, that is the kind of sh1t that would put some people off ever returning there again.

Could have been the same lady, I don't know. I mean we all have our off days and it's hard when you've in a job that requires some effort in the social skills department, but I got really embarrassed when I had the money incident. I gave like, a 20 note and I think maybe 40 or 50c so I'd get an even number back, like 16 or something, I got 6 back and then she told me I didn't give her a 20 and I had 3 people behind me in a queue agree they saw me hand the 20 over and she handed over the other 10 with an "I know you didn't but I'll give the change anyway" look. Not too awesome.
    So many shops closing down in Johnston's. It looks terrible.
    I have to admit, since HMV closed down, it's been so dull and lifeless in there. :( I hope things pick up again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

Lornen wrote: »
    Could have been the same lady, I don't know. I mean we all have our off days and it's hard when you've in a job that requires some effort in the social skills department, but I got really embarrassed when I had the money incident. I gave like, a 20 note and I think maybe 40 or 50c so I'd get an even number back, like 16 or something, I got 6 back and then she told me I didn't give her a 20 and I had 3 people behind me in a queue agree they saw me hand the 20 over and she handed over the other 10 with an "I know you didn't but I'll give the change anyway" look. Not too awesome.
    So many shops closing down in Johnston's. It looks terrible.
    I have to admit, since HMV closed down, it's been so dull and lifeless in there. :( I hope things pick up again soon.

The juicy bar place looks like a dark dull storage room. I only got a smoothie there years ago and I'm surprised there were a few mean types working there. Sure this is the era we live in of the boom!

Lornen wrote: »
    Another over priced coffee shop in the town, we needed it like a hole in the head! I don't know how they came to decide on opening in the retail park as the one in town is always empty bar a few seats. I've never even seen the second floor open in town to customers.

Its seems like a good stop off on the way home which I'm looking forward to. I hope the people that lost their jobs in Pizza Hut would get jobs in Costa. Its going to open this weekend I hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

The shop in Castle Street where Mary's was is getting a revamp inside. Seems like an outer waiting area with offices in behind.

I put a virtual tenner on that'll it'll either be an opticians or an insurance office.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Plazaman wrote: »
    The shop in Castle Street where Mary's was is getting a revamp inside. Seems like an outer waiting area with offices in behind.

I put a virtual tenner on that'll it'll either be an opticians or an insurance office.
    It's the new location for Castle St. Post Office.

I'll have the tenner now thanks!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

red sean wrote: »

Whats wrong with the existing post office on castle st.

Although lets hope the new one includs a postbox outside it.

:D

red sean wrote: »

Aw crap, do you accept bitcoins? :(

How many times does that Post Office need to move?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Aw crap, do you accept bitcoins? :(

Haha, so true.
    It'll eventually be Teeling Street post office.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

It's absolutely useless where it is anyways, on a one way street, on a relatively retail void spot, which every car that goes into town has to filter through, and has feck all parking on it! There's no need for 2 post offices in town anyways. Somewhere up Pearse road would have been a smarter move!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Saw on quayside's Facebook page that the bagel bar is looking for staff. Must be opening again.

• Advertisement

dingding wrote: »
    Saw on quayside's Facebook page that the begel bar is looking for staff. Must be opening again.

I thought it was back in shape already!

dingding wrote: »
    Saw on quayside's Facebook page that the begel bar is looking for staff. Must be opening again.

Excellent, I must remortgage my house so I can afford one of their Bagels. It's a round piece of dough FFS and the ear of a chicken, why so expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Memories

Guys, has anyone tried the new chinese The Panda, that opened up beside where Kings used to be in Wine Street car park? I've heard mixed reviews and I'm just wondering is it worth visiting for the buffet end instead of China City which is our usual.

Memories wrote: »
    Guys, has anyone tried the new chinese The Panda, that opened up beside where Kings used to be in Wine Street car park? I've heard mixed reviews and I'm just wondering is it worth visiting for the buffet end instead of China City which is our usual.

I've heard they do good noodles there even though never been in my life. I'd say go for a try and see what it brings!

Vlove wrote: »
    I've heard they do good noodles there even though never been in my life. I'd say go for a try and see what it brings!

Thanks :) I'm just hesitant being that I've saved up for awhile for the meal out, so I don't want for it to be a waste of money :o
    I might try it, we shall see :)

Thanks :) I'm just hesitant being that I've saved up for awhile for the meal out, so I don't want for it to be a waste of money :o
    I might try it, we shall see :)

Np glad I can be an assistance of some sort! :) Sure its not no harm to try out a new restaurant! I'd pop in myself as they also do take-aways as weIl i think :0

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

This was being talked about on the favourite restaurant thread.

magnumlady wrote: »
    This was being talked about on the favourite restaurant thread.

Ah, okay, thanks :) I shall poof over there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Vohnsom Hofmee

What's happening with the Wine St. Dunnes?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭rocky raccoon

Does anyone know when the old Innisfree hotel on High St. is supposed to re-open? If anyone knows who is opening it could they please PM me, I am looking to book budget accommodation for a group of people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Focus_sligo

What's happening with the Wine St. Dunnes?

Passed by today and there is windows that have been boarded up for years open. Don't know if is dunnes though

Passed by today and there is windows that have been boarded up for years open. Don't know if is dunnes though

Would that be theback of the mens section (has a seperate enterance from ladies and homewares), and the warehouse.

The new windows are on the Wine St. side, on buildings that Dunnes own. As I was passing by, a lady asked the guy working on the new window, "What's going on here, a new store?", he replied with "Oh, um...just tidying it up a bit." Very vague.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Roger00

The new windows are on the Wine St. side, on buildings that Dunnes own. As I was passing by, a lady asked the guy working on the new window, "What's going on here, a new store?", he replied with "Oh, um...just tidying it up a bit." Very vague.

Thats the old Western Wholesale building

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭sgds

When did the 'Sony Centre' change to Sligo electrical.? Just noticed it today. Looks like the same staff.

sgds wrote: »
    When did the 'Sony Centre' change to Sligo electrical.? Just noticed it today. Looks like the same staff.

Its always been a franchise as far as I know, suppose with the number of none Sony items for sale lately, couldn't really call them selves a Sony centre.

Roger00 wrote: »

I thought that was knocked down beside the men's clothes shop in dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Roger00

Vlove wrote: »
    I thought that was knocked down beside the men's clothes shop in dunnes.

Naw, the main shop is on the corner of Wine Street & Adelade Street, where Dunnes mens section is used to be the plumbing dept accessed through the big gate in Adelade Street. It was a great shop, I used to work for the Western but in the warehouse out Finisklin (knocked down now).

No, the grey two-story building next to old Western Wholesale building, that was all boarded up, now has big new windows put in on the ground floor.

http://www.sligotown.net/western-wholesale-building-large.shtml

• Advertisement

Naw, the main shop is on the corner of Wine Street & Adelade Street, where Dunnes mens section is used to be the plumbing dept accessed through the big gate in Adelade Street. It was a great shop, I used to work for the Western but in the warehouse out Finisklin (knocked down now).

Ah right, very good, its just i passed by adelade dunnes lately and saw it was knocked down. Never knew that it was a plumbing company, when and why did it close down ? Is it the warehouse where connaght gold is?

Advertisement